PDA

View Full Version : Quick Help....('03 KFX400)

dpizz450
05-20-2008, 12:42 PM
OK i know this is in the wrong section, but this is obviously the section with the most traffic, and i need an answer pretty quick. (if mods must absolutely move, feel free to)

Ok the big long pin/bolt that goes from the frame, through the swingarm to the other side of the frame (pretty much holds the swingarm to the frame), the threads/head on mine seized up and i am in need of a new one. The last place i ordered the nut and pin from sent me the nut, and said the pin was discontinued. (weird??)

Anyways it doesn't even look like the right nut (it possibly could be right though), but i looked on the site and the first set of numbers matched up with the nut they sent me, but the second numbers didn't match.

Soo what i am asking, anyone with a KFX/Z/DVX, i need a clear/up close pic of that nut, to make sure its the right one before i order the pin/bolt. Also is there anywhere else i could buy this pin/bolt from besides OEM places, because all those places come from genuine parts and don't take american express which is my CC. (i'm guessing theres probably no other place)

thanks in advance and sorry for the long post. just wanted to make sure ya'll knew what i was talking about. if you still don't understand what i'm talking about go here- swingarm diagram (http://216.37.204.206/wps/Kawasaki_OEM/KawasakiATV.asp?Type=13&A=141&B=50)
the part number for the pin i need is (33032) and the nut is (92210A)

thanks soo much!

jherbie28
05-20-2008, 03:03 PM
are you talking about the swingarm pivot bolt and nut? i know the frames were upgraded/stronger in 05 but didnt think the bolt and nut changed. try finding out if a 04 and up will fit, i would think it would. good luck

dpizz450
05-20-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by jherbie28
are you talking about the swingarm pivot bolt and nut? i know the frames were upgraded/stronger in 05 but didnt think the bolt and nut changed. try finding out if a 04 and up will fit, i would think it would. good luck

thanks man. i went ahead and ordered it. it said it was the same from 03-05 so we'll see if i get a call in the next few days or not. the last place i ordered it from was www.worldofpowersports.com , they said it was discontinued. but i ordered it from servicehonda.com this time and i called and checked to make sure and they said it wasnt discontinuted, but they didnt have it in stock and would take a couple days to get it. anyone ever dealt with servicehonda.com before?do they usually have good service and know what theyre talking about??

jherbie28
05-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by YZrida
thanks man. i went ahead and ordered it. it said it was the same from 03-05 so we'll see if i get a call in the next few days or not. the last place i ordered it from was www.worldofpowersports.com , they said it was discontinued. but i ordered it from servicehonda.com this time and i called and checked to make sure and they said it wasnt discontinuted, but they didnt have it in stock and would take a couple days to get it. anyone ever dealt with servicehonda.com before?do they usually have good service and know what theyre talking about??

glad to hear you figured it out.........never heard of ordering other manufactures parts from a place like honda:huh ol well as long as you got it ordered:) i thought i had one laying around hear but it must of been in a parts box i just recently got red of, i was just going to ship it to ya:cool: good luck man

dpizz450
05-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by jherbie28
glad to hear you figured it out.........never heard of ordering other manufactures parts from a place like honda:huh ol well as long as you got it ordered:) i thought i had one laying around hear but it must of been in a parts box i just recently got red of, i was just going to ship it to ya:cool: good luck man

ah man. thanks anyway. really appreciate the effort. yeah servicehonda.com sells oem parts for all brands. im jus hopin i dont get a call saying its discontinued like the last place. dont understand how they can just discontinue somethin like that. maybe the other place was just stupid and didnt know what they were talking about, but ive dealt with them many times before and never had a problem. i jus wanna get back on my bike and ride!! thanks tho man!

jherbie28
05-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by YZrida
ah man. thanks anyway. really appreciate the effort. yeah servicehonda.com sells oem parts for all brands. im jus hopin i dont get a call saying its discontinued like the last place. dont understand how they can just discontinue somethin like that. maybe the other place was just stupid and didnt know what they were talking about, but ive dealt with them many times before and never had a problem. i jus wanna get back on my bike and ride!! thanks tho man!

yeah dude, i just thought it would be cool to help ya out:)