PDA

View Full Version : My 400EX update and HMF pipe purchase!

MAKO19
05-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Alright guys I'm excited!! I just purchased an HMF Sport Series pipe in brushed aluminum finish. The past few months I have been working the bugs out of my 400 and getting her all dialed in and where I want her. This is what I have done so far:

-Cleaned her up real nice
-New spark plug, and oil change
-New rear brake pads and brake rotor
-Fixed bent tie rod
-TIG welded crack that was in my lower A-arm
-Repainted all the A-arms
-Repacked all balljoints with fresh grease
-Added anti-seeze to all bolts on A-arms and shocks to get rid of the squeaking
-Added 20x11x9 Holeshots in the rear
-Added 14 tooth front sprocket
-TIG welded broken swingarm skid plate boss and re-tapped threads
-Added Ricochet Swingarm Skid Plate
-Added K&N air filter

My recent purchase has been an HMF pipe sport series slip-on. I have been researching this out for sometime and came to the conclusion that this is probably the best pipe for the money. I will rejet the carb accordingly when I install the pipe and keep everyone updated on my progress.

102-104 dB is going to be killer. I am sure I am going to be heard from the other side of town with this thing on the bike. HAHAHA!! I may have to opt for the quiet core after I hear what she sounds like with this pipe. I guess I won't be seeing anymore deer when I am trail riding. lol.

Stand-by for an update and pictures once I get this installed.

mitchamus
05-20-2008, 12:19 PM
i run my HMF with just a spark arrestor. its not bad at all.

DuwBra
05-20-2008, 12:58 PM
haha man thats crazy, I just ordered the same for mine plus a white bro. rev box. This is crazy because most of the stuff you've just recently done to yours, I've just done to mine. I just bought mine and im getting it dialed in to.

MAKO19
05-20-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by DuwBra
haha man thats crazy, I just ordered the same for mine plus a white bro. rev box. This is crazy because most of the stuff you've just recently done to yours, I've just done to mine. I just bought mine and im getting it dialed in to.

HAHAHA Sweet!!! Yeah man I have been having a blast riding this thing and working on it. We got about 300 acres left around here (they are developing everywhere) within riding distance of my house where we used to ride BMX bikes and have bonfire parties. It's cool to be able to get back there and enjoy the country again like we used to some years ago. I am heavily involved with boats and cars and the quad is a nice change of pace. I love working on it because things are right there and easy to get to. It's cool to see these bikes come along especially since a lot of the work I have been doing to mine is just labor.

I will keep you guys updated. Good luck with your 400 DuwBra.

DuwBra
05-20-2008, 11:45 PM
Yeah i heard that, we have to travel a while anymore just to do some good riding, we have farms and stuff but there's only so much a farm has to offer.