PDA

View Full Version : Should I turn it over before starting???

two85atc250r's
05-19-2008, 11:18 PM
Should I kick this brand new motor over a few times like with the plug out before I actually try to start it or should I give it fuel and fire the first time I kick it? I've never had one that was totally fresh from top to bottom. thanks

wilkin250r
05-20-2008, 12:40 AM
Did you coat everything with oil (piston, rings, wristpin, ect ect ect) during assembly?

I say, fire it up!!!!

Aceman
05-20-2008, 07:27 AM
If you didn't coat everything with oil I'd dump some down the spark plug hole and cycle the motor a few times. I also cycled mine just to make sure the rings weren't going to snag a port.

86 Quad R
05-20-2008, 08:37 AM
as stated it is important that everthing be coated. what i do is 3 to 4 dead kicks with the choke on and the kill off and throttle closed. then i start it.

two85atc250r's
05-20-2008, 11:21 AM
Thanks guys. yeah I coated everything pretty generously with 2 stroke when I put it together. I am just ansty about actually firing it off. lol. I know I did everything right though. I don't have any parts left over so I guess thats a good sign.
Thanks again for everything guys. You 3 have definately been the biggest help. I'm gonna start it as soon as I get home today. I turned it over a couple of times last night real slow and it seems good. Compression feels great! I never felt one that nice and tight. I'll post when I actually start it up.