PDA

View Full Version : Douglas Lugnut Question

bushwesl
05-19-2008, 09:17 PM
So DWT recommends the use of their tapered lugnuts for their billet beadlocks. I know the stock lugnuts are tapered, but I don't know if the countour of the taper matches up with the Douglas wheels. My question is, will the stock tapered style lugnuts suffice, or do I need to shell out the extra $$ for the Douglas lugnuts? Thanks!

Master LTR450
05-19-2008, 09:40 PM
i dont know the answer to this question but if you need some let me know

havinnoj
05-19-2008, 09:50 PM
Never had a problem with stock lugs on my blue labels. You can also use washers.

bushwesl
05-19-2008, 09:53 PM
These are the Douglas shamrock billet beadlocks and they're actually machined to only except a tapered style lugnut.

havinnoj
05-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by bushwesl
These are the Douglas shamrock billet beadlocks and they're actually machined to only except a tapered style lugnut.

I see your problem now - sorry I can't help. How's the project going?

bushwesl
05-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by havinnoj
I see your problem now - sorry I can't help. How's the project going?

Thanks anyway!

The build is going well. I've pretty much got all of the main parts and pieces (frame, arms, swingarm, shocks, etc) that I'll need, but I've still got to get a lot of the little things, e.g. these lugnuts. Everything else I'll be swapping over from my current R. Although, I'm still trying to be able to leave it complete enough that I can still roll it around the garage. Eventually I'd like to turn it into a trail/woods/XC R. We'll see though.

Aceman
05-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by bushwesl
So DWT recommends the use of their tapered lugnuts for their billet beadlocks.

They said "recommended" and not "required." If they machined a special taper into their wheels that won't take a stock lugnut that would be just plain silly....:rolleyes: So I highly doubt it, but you could call 'em?

dustinshuler
05-20-2008, 06:57 AM
Its cool to use the stock nuts, the only prob is the taper is so deep when you screw the nut in all the way theres not much of it sticking out for your socket to fit on, so be carefull or you will round off the edges of the nut. I would suggest you use an impact gun so the pressure is equal when puting on and taking off.Hope this helps.

mfr422
05-20-2008, 12:48 PM
dustin is right, they are the same taper just much deeper,I would buy the right lugs as there is not much if any protruding when tight using stock lugs,and you'll scratch up your new wheels using stock lugs. Roost on!!