PDA

View Full Version : banshhe,r,scrambler!

mod300ex
11-28-2002, 12:32 PM
ok im gettin a quad after x-mas and i cant decide i rode a scrambler and it was awsome!! and banshees r sick and r's r just awsome all around...........but i do alot of trail rideing and i want a 2 stroke that would fly on the rode also...........cuz all my friends always make fun of my cuz im slow but get htere quick i want something thats fast and powerful!!!!!!!!!!!and reliable
thanks for u help

flyin#5
11-28-2002, 12:35 PM
dont get a scrambler. in my experience i would get the banshee. it is a really fun quad and it is a bit annoying feathering the clutch if you in really tight woods but other than that its good too. the handling is a little stiff but you will get used to it. the R would be a good choice too because of the handling but there isnt anything like banshee power.

mod300ex
11-28-2002, 12:36 PM
what do u tihnk would win in a drag or woods race a shee or r?

own2424
11-28-2002, 12:41 PM
BANSHEE or R.....no POLARIS!

Jimmah
11-28-2002, 12:46 PM
Just wondering what your friends have? I used to have a modded 300EX and my buddy had a modded 400EX and I would beat him any type of racing we did. It wasn't because I had tons of stuff on my bike either, you just need to know how to ride your bike to the fullest. I would suggest a Scrambler as both Rs and Banshees require a lot of paitence and maintence and it doesn't sound like you want something your gonna have to work on on a regulary basis.

TravEX
11-28-2002, 12:50 PM
i had a 2000 Scrambler 400 2x4 and LOVED it ( i still ride every chance i get, a buddy of mine bought it from me),,,they are not complicated to operate, elec start, reverse, oil injected,,,,i had ZERO problem with mine, i dunno why everyone is so hard on polaris, we have had 4 with zero problems,,later, Trav

ny300exrider
11-28-2002, 12:51 PM
ive heard lt250 s are great 2 stroke trail quads....i know nasty250r has a sick one for sale for a good price too. just a suggestion

Atreyu
11-28-2002, 01:23 PM
dont get the scrabler..no shift=boring go with the shee

mod300ex
11-28-2002, 01:39 PM
lt250's r junk motors r jusnk hole quad is junk!no questions asked

11-28-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by mod300ex

I bet they are junk too, considering they will roost a 300ex.

Atreyu
11-28-2002, 02:07 PM
by the way..if you do mainly trail riding then why dont you get a 400?

Rip_Tear
11-28-2002, 04:38 PM
He wants a 2 stroke.... I think most people are either
Okay with every company but Polaris
Or
They only like polaris....

Personaly, Polaris is on the bottom of my list..

ZSK
11-28-2002, 07:25 PM
the banshee is the fastest production quad made with a 77mph top speed (stock) if that's not fast enough you're nuts. Personally i like the polaris. If you get to the point where engine mods are needed for about $1500 hot seat can get you about 65 hp. I read in dirt wheels a banshee costed $3500 to get 55hp that was with stock displacement.

mod300ex
11-28-2002, 07:49 PM
banshees r awsome im def gettin one of them,,,,but i only got 3000>>>?
is it enought for stock
used

xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
11-28-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by TravEX
i had a 2000 Scrambler 400 2x4 and LOVED it ( i still ride every chance i get, a buddy of mine bought it from me),,,they are not complicated to operate, elec start, reverse, oil injected,,,,i had ZERO problem with mine, i dunno why everyone is so hard on polaris, we have had 4 with zero problems,,later, Trav

I agree right now I have a Scrambler and I love it I have had *0* problems with it also....I am almost 100% sure I am getting rid of it for christmas though....:devil PREDATOR:devil We are 1st in line @ our Polaris Dealer near by!No one else can even test ride it before I am aloud:D which makes it all the better!(when I said no one I meant other customer,I know the store owner will:P)

Sportrax10
11-29-2002, 02:33 PM
Yep Banshee, i rode an lt250 and it was awsome too..... they arnt junk if you take care of them :)
you will regret buying the polaris :rolleyes:

hunner300ex
11-29-2002, 04:22 PM
dont get a polaris there **** and there automatic get a shee or a r, if you gonna do more trail riding get an r but either ones aight

mod300ex
11-29-2002, 09:11 PM
im not getin the polaris!! we waas ridin and the bolts fell outta the head and it lost compresion and we was at towen so the stor ran outta rope so we had to use an extension cord LOL..........it sucked buts funnie when u think back on it!

stupid driver
12-01-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by cleanshave300ex
If you get to the point where engine mods are needed for about $1500 hot seat can get you about 65 hp. I read in dirt wheels a banshee costed $3500 to get 55hp that was with stock displacement.

so your sayin they got 55 hp outa a banshee WITHOUT boring it out, they said stock displacement. they bored the scrambler to like a 470 if i read correctly. you could probly get up to 65 ponies very easily w/ a banshee by boring it out, and doin a few other things, it wouldnt bee over expensive too

suzuki Z400
12-02-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by ny300exrider
ive heard lt250 s are great 2 stroke trail quads....i know nasty250r has a sick one for sale for a good price too. just a suggestion

Its Lt250r if ur talking about the quadracer 250. Lt500r if ur talking about the quadzilla. The "S" in lt250s stands for chain driven. They made the Lt250s a couple of years but never as popular as the Lt230s.

MichaelS693
12-02-2002, 06:37 PM
banshees r awsome im def gettin one of them,,,,but i only got 3000>>>?
is it enought for stock
used

posibly

ny300exrider
12-02-2002, 06:41 PM
yea i meant quadracer lt250r's as in more than one lol...not s as in chain driven or watevert ahaha

Texan32
12-03-2002, 08:06 AM

So, i'm going to assume that you have had a Lt or two in your lifetime. No?! Well, how on earth can you make such an IGNORANT and STUPID statement like that?! The Lt is NOT a bad quad. If set up properly, it can run with shee's and r's all day long! The problem is that not many people take the time to learn about them. They instead choose to remember only the bad things about them and make a very biased opinion...such as yours. The main reason you don't see many Lt around is for 2 reasons. The front end has no rake. because of this, the handling is not as goo as say the R. Secondly, those that owned them, trashed them because they didn't know how to ride them correctly.

Oh, one other thing...if they are/were such "junk", then why did they wait till 92 to stop production...while the 250R stopped 3 years prior.

Get off your high horse kid:macho

suzuki Z400
12-03-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Texan32

So, i'm going to assume that you have had a Lt or two in your lifetime. No?! Well, how on earth can you make such an IGNORANT and STUPID statement like that?! The Lt is NOT a bad quad. If set up properly, it can run with shee's and r's all day long! The problem is that not many people take the time to learn about them. They instead choose to remember only the bad things about them and make a very biased opinion...such as yours. The main reason you don't see many Lt around is for 2 reasons. The front end has no rake. because of this, the handling is not as goo as say the R. Secondly, those that owned them, trashed them because they didn't know how to ride them correctly.

Oh, one other thing...if they are/were such "junk", then why did they wait till 92 to stop production...while the 250R stopped 3 years prior.

Get off your high horse kid:macho

Darn right man! LT's rule!

300exryder
12-03-2002, 01:46 PM
If you are coming off of a 300ex i wouldn't not get a scrambler. Nothing against a polaris (i love them, as i do all quads) but what fun is it if you cant shift and put roost all over the place whenver you want. I would get the banshee personally -- i would never have the patience to deal with 16 year old parts, screws, etc. But as with all 2 strokes, maintenance is required.

mod300ex
12-03-2002, 05:11 PM
actualy i had 2 of them i sold em to get my 300ex......1 to ride the other one for parts..............im keepin my 300ex to for wehn we go trial ridin cuz i want a fast trail machine and i put way to much into it

85QuAdRaCEr
12-04-2002, 11:07 PM
An lt250r that has been taken care of with run with almost any quad. I have an 85 that has had great care and I'm not afraid to race anyone. I have beaten plenty r's and 400ex's. I've never raced a banshee but I would in a heartbeat. And 85 wasn't even one of their better years. Mine still has the stock pipe and silencer with no mods, only a uni air filter. I don't know why you think you have to say they are junk, but you are dead wrong. I will never buy anything but a suzuki. Suzuki rocks!!!

buckNbanshee
12-05-2002, 01:44 PM
my dad has had about every lt out there he picked gettin lt's over R's back in the day and he said he had very few problems out of them,he went from lt250 to lt500 and back down to the lt250 cause he said the qaudzilla was to wide for trails Then he got a banshee after the lt's if i was you i would get a shee.

87-2Stroker
12-09-2002, 09:26 PM
I have got both a R and a shee and I have ridden a scrambler
the scambler couldn't even compare to either one of them.
the R has better bottom end power which is better for trails.
even though I am a 2 stroke fan, I would still go for a Z-400
or a 400ex.But only for trail riding of course.

Just be patient and chose wisely.

phatswinn
12-11-2002, 03:39 PM
scramblers barely compare with my 300

Tecate250
12-11-2002, 04:51 PM
Hello you guys.
You are comparine polaris to racer bikes. Thats like comparine a 300ex to a banshee. The Polaris Are built fine and I take it that you guys dont snowmobile. Belt drive system is not as bad as you all think. The weight reduction on no tranny mean way more hp. Way less parts to break. I was against polaris till I sat down and really looked over them. Im a big fan of snowmobiles and would not mine having a racey belt drive atv. Also you can get comet clutches to make them work WAYYYYY better. Polaris is a huge selling bike name. Now That I mention it I think it out sells suzuki Yamaha and kawasaki. So some people like them.

suzuki Z400
12-11-2002, 05:03 PM
snow mobiles yea. 500pound wanna be sports quads, no. i mean there snow mobiles are good and every thing but come on; out sell yamaha, and honda. i mean suzuki probably after 1992 when they stopped sports quads(big mistake!)because all they made was utility untill now probably. there snow mobiles are good and fast......but not nearly as good or as fast as the new R1 snowmobile. snow mobiles belts need to be replaced alot because if u live were i doesnt snows every day, they get used once a year and dry rot the belts. so i think on behalf of most of us i say POLARIS SHOULD STICK WITH SNOWMOBILES!

Tecate250
12-11-2002, 05:19 PM
Then yamaha should stick to there musical insturmenst.
Cause 90% of there bikes suck. Funny how yam suzuki and kaw now use belts.

suzuki Z400
12-11-2002, 05:26 PM
haha, thats really funny. snow mobiles use belts. all of them do. but on a fourwheeler belts suck. 100% of polaris' bikes suck and yamahas bikes dont suck. lets see what u guys think.

A. 90% of yamaha's bikes suck and they should stick with musical instraments.

B. 100% of polaris' bikes suck and they should stick with snowmobiles.

vote away!

300exryder
12-11-2002, 05:33 PM
im starting to dislike most of the people here. Wh is it that you hate and bash Polaris all of the time. how many of you have actually owned one and not just taken one of their quads for like a 1 or 2 hour ride. You will see that polaris does make a good quad and that just because it isnt red with HONDA all over it doesnt make it a bad quad. Ditto with Yamaha. I have owned a warrior and a Scrambler and now a 300ex. The only one i had problems with is the 300ex. Clutch, piston/rings, and other sall odds and ends. (its only a 97!!) my warrior was an 89 and all i did was put in gas and change the oil every other month -- that thing was unstoppable. I cant stand you people that hafta badmouth everything that isnt honda

suzuki Z400
12-11-2002, 06:25 PM
300exryder,
im a yamaha and suzuki man myself. i dont like honda personally, its 3rd on my list. but still; polaris u cant shift, and they are so heavey so u cant get air on them. same as the lokota sport.

So are u with A., or B. c'mon guys we want to hear your votes!