PDA

View Full Version : opinion on quads

redfox350
05-19-2008, 08:11 PM
what would yall say the best quad for freestyle would be??and with what mods??iknow therell be different oppinions i just wanna hear what ppl think just to give me an idea of what to get....

ooo and also ill use it to ride trails and what not to...

05-20-2008, 07:18 AM
No offense, but if you're on internet forums asking what quad to get and which mods would be best, you probably not up to par to be doing freestyle tricks. And you don't build a quad for freestyle/trail riding. Freestyle quads are purpose built, special grab bars, special suspension for the huge 75 foot + gaps and super kickers. Home made handles added on for certain tricks.

redfox350
05-20-2008, 02:17 PM
ok maybe i worded it wrong....i mean i wanna do freestyle but i aitn gonna be doin what the hbomb boys be doing....i just want one that jumps good so when im ready to do that stuff i already have one to do it on.....n i knew about the suspension(hats just common sense) i just didnt know if they did any motor mods n thats what i was really asking...cuz i got a banshee now n its so front heavy i go off the smallest jumps it nose dives....n no offense either i see people that use the same quad for all types of riding(trails,mx,freestyle etc..)

OutlawBill
05-20-2008, 02:28 PM
you want light and power Can-Am DS450, Yamaha YFZ450, Polaris Outalw 525s, and KTM 525

redfox350
05-20-2008, 02:33 PM
yea i was thinking the yfz but i sat on one and didnt feel to comfortble...im not really one for polaris sport quads but ive only rode the 2nd yea outlaw n predator...but in huevos 10 i see them on polaris...are those the 450 or 525s?

rcer450r
05-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Personally I think if you put the right aftermarkets on the honda 450 they are pretty good freestyle quads. But unless you plan on dumping a ton of money into a quad freestyle isnt the thing to do.

05-20-2008, 03:07 PM
freestyle can be done on almost anything when you have the right setup. I have seen huge 4x4's hit a super kicker. Back in the day a lot used to use raptors, 400ex, 250r, cannondales. Now most are on a 450. So its all how you set it up. For freestyle you want something real light and pretty powerful so you can correct mistakes or simply just whip it around in the air. You said your not going to do huge jumps so I wouldnt be too concerned with power as much. All the 450's are pretty light and 250r's are really lightweight and they have really good power. You also want it as a trail machine so I say A 250R. But if you dont like 2 strokes then get something else.

TRX450RACER174
05-20-2008, 05:11 PM
So why don't you just build a mx bike, most mx bikes with the right suspension can still jump huge jumps, you cant build a bike to exactly what you want you have to compromise somewhere, a nice xc quad can still jump and you can hit trails with it but a mx quad might be a little wide for normal trail riding just mho.

Flyin-Low
05-20-2008, 07:26 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dmo0Nuq5HZ0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dmo0Nuq5HZ0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Check this one out.. Raptor, 400ex, 250r and a Cannondale all doing some freestyle. Pretty much any quad can do freestyle if you do the right mods, so just pick whatever you want pretty much.

I think it's Flyin5 on here who was doing some killer freestyle on a Blaster?! Sorry if I got the wrong name I'm too lazy to look it up lol.

BTW this is a great movie :macho

toomeyshee87
05-20-2008, 09:58 PM
just get a stock 450 and go from there. you can easily go 75+ ft on a ramp with stock suspension. just get the quad and mod it from there to your liking. i will say that motor work isnt that great for freestyle though. you want reliable, smooth power.

KXRida
05-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dmo0Nuq5HZ0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dmo0Nuq5HZ0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Check this one out.. Raptor, 400ex, 250r and a Cannondale all doing some freestyle. Pretty much any quad can do freestyle if you do the right mods, so just pick whatever you want pretty much.

I think it's Flyin5 on here who was doing some killer freestyle on a Blaster?! Sorry if I got the wrong name I'm too lazy to look it up lol.

BTW this is a great movie :macho

god I love huevos 5!

Heck flyin5 (user on here) used a blaster for the longest time. He now uses a 250r I believe. I remember way back when on blasterhq when it was still there, he was pulling supermans and stuff on a blaster with a pipe and suspension.