PDA

View Full Version : Polishing Plastic???

kfxracer
05-19-2008, 05:47 PM
What can I use to shine up my plastic where I got a little bit of gas on it???

05-20-2008, 04:35 PM
wash it , dry it good, then use turtle wax and a rag and keep shining it up. It turns all my scratches or dull spots into shiny like new. It only lasts so long like a few rides and washes but it works good.

kfxracer
05-20-2008, 05:57 PM
I tried turtle wax ice, since it's supposed to be good for plastics, but no matter how many times I waxed,it still looks really dull maybe duller!

mudatv
05-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Another good and cheap option is Pledge Furniture Polish. Just spray it on and wipe it off. However, this only lasts until you get it all muddy and dirty. But it will make your plastic look great.

bwamos
05-28-2008, 07:23 AM
Wash w/ soap and water.
Then apply Mop&Glo w/ a sponge. It's a polymer and it will fill in all the pores/scratches and make it nice and shiny w/o the need to buff it.

jkiserracing
05-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Maxima Oils makes a really good product called High Gloss SC1 spray. It works really good. I use it after every cleaning..

kfx400rider03
06-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Meguiars Hot Shine Tire Spray
wash your quad normal like you would after any other ride but the after its dry spray the shine on it and wipe it off. works great. but dont let any of it get on your seat or you will be sliding all over your seat on the next ride

gimp419
06-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Soak her down with armor all, I mean frame shocks plastic...everything but the seat. Just let it drip and then let it sit over night, I promise you the next morning you won't believe your eyes.
Don't wipe it off till you let it sit over night it'll shine like new till you wash it again, then you'll just have to soak it again.