PDA

View Full Version : Velocity air filter owners READ THIS

Dunesurfer
05-19-2008, 04:22 PM
I own a 2006 yfz with a Velocity air filter. The design on these filters are defective. They will tear around the mounting flange allowing dirt to enter you engine unfiltered. It happened to me and now my motor is toast. Velocity will not stand behind thier product, when you engine is damaged you will be on your own.
I purchased the filter from Alba. The owner of Alba and several of the workers told me they had seen other filters of this brand with the same problem. DONT BY VELOCITY FILTERS.
If you have one now return it for a K&N
If there are any other Velocity owners contact me, I am taking them to court in a effort to have my engine repaired.

05-19-2008, 08:05 PM
good luck and go get em

Dunesurfer
05-19-2008, 09:15 PM
I just recieved a e-mail from Cory Hove, the owner of Alba, I bought the filter there, I asked for a K&N and they brought out the velocity filter, and talked me into it. Anyway, I had e-mailed Cory and told him what happened, He told me to bring in my quad and ripped filter. He showed it to Velocity and they denied any warrenty. Friday he e-mail me and told me the news. I was not to happy.
I e-mailed him back and told him I didn't agree with Velocity and I would sue them for the cost of repairs,
Cory answered me and said he agreed with me and he would step up and fix my quad. That is a stand up guy. Kinda brings back your faith in people.

Glamis400ex
05-20-2008, 05:45 AM
Damn dude...

That sucks. Glad your getting it fixed and Velocity will be dropped by Alba hopefully and hurt their sales. Maybe they'll figure it out.

kawiefan
05-20-2008, 02:09 PM
damn dude that sucks about the filter.

i would have never thought abla would pay to rebuild your motor tho.

ohsobad_chevy
05-20-2008, 02:27 PM
.......sad thing is, this is not the first bad story about velocity that I have heard. :ermm: