PDA

View Full Version : Braking wavy rotors

R-Crazy
11-28-2002, 10:42 AM
I want to get the new wavy rotors from Braking but my dad thinks they wont help because of less braking area. I read somewhere why these things are good, but i forgot why. I need someone to tell me why these things help braking.
Happy thanksgiving to all, and to all you jews out there (including me) happy chanukah!! STUFF YOUR FACE, and answer my question:blah

dave

TheX1992
11-28-2002, 11:28 AM
just a guess so dont quote me on this but i think i read they dicipate heat better and if their wavy it wont hit the same spot on the pad the whole time so less pad wear who knows just me .02

RytM1
11-28-2002, 02:23 PM
They are also supposed to hold up better because of the way they are manufactured/treated. It's also been said on here that the holes in the wave rotors will hold more dirt/mud, and will wear down your brake pads a little quicker. For what its worth, the January '03 issue of Dirt Wheels did an evaluation on them compared to a stock rotor (pg. 152), and that was one of the only negative things they mentioned about the rotor. I've also considered buying one of these, but I'm curious as to just how much quicker it will wear the pads, seeing as how I do a little bit of all kinds of riding.

exriderdude
11-28-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by TheX1992
they dicipate heat better

yea, what he said;)

check out www.braking.com