PDA

View Full Version : YZ426 tranny troubles

CSR400EX
05-19-2008, 12:58 AM
i was out riding yesterday and i am noticing in 5th gear, it sounds like its slipping every two seconds or so. it pulls fine then a really short skip like i tapped the clutch. could my tranny be heading south or could i have possibly bent a shift fork? and has anyone had this issue before???

dehner47
05-19-2008, 07:19 AM
i actually just had that same problem.i ended up yanking it out the bike and sending it to tc racing to get rebuilt.tom told me sometimes its not the gear in the trans.sometimes it has to do with the shifter fork thats slipping since it grinds and not jumps outta gear.i should have it back next week sometime.i'll let ya know what he tells me cause it sounds like you have the same issue as me.

tom told me you can still ride it if you want.i did for a few more rides.he told me to just not shift to 5th gear.changed the gearing on the bike so it wouldn't need to ride in 5th.worked like a charm :D

hontrx265r
05-26-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm sure its a bent shift fork, I had the same problem around this time last year. If you need any parts let me know I have lots of trans parts
Mike

CSR400EX
06-23-2008, 11:33 PM
well my rod bearing just fried, so i have the motor apart and it looks like i have a bent shift fork. it has a spot where a gear has been rubbing against it like the fork is bent. so i am gonna put all 3 forks in it to be sure. so if anyone has some laying around, and possibly a good crank too, let me know.