PDA

View Full Version : Problems With CT Racing???

Yellow2004ex400
05-18-2008, 10:33 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems with CT Racing? I did a search on this site and could not find anyone that has posted anything bad about them, except for a member named Wheelie, who said stay away from them at all costs. My cousin just took his 400ex motor to them and had them install their 440 kit with a 12.5:1 comp JE piston. They promised him about 50rwhp, with I think an FCR carb. I know that CT Racing, along with Temecula Motorsports, has won the Baja 1000 the past 3 years in a row, so their motors have to be reliable to withstand that, right?

2muchquad
05-18-2008, 11:19 PM
50hp? I would say BS:rolleyes:

RaginRedneck
05-19-2008, 12:31 AM
Never had them do any engine work for me, but I've bought some stuff from them for my brother (Christmas present) and my nephew (new head, full pipe, and a jet kit). With those two experiences they were awesome to deal with. But that was just straight offline until I had a jet issue on my nephews quad, which they resolved ASAP.

jrafter
05-19-2008, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Yellow2004ex400
I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems with CT Racing? I did a search on this site and could not find anyone that has posted anything bad about them, except for a member named Wheelie, who said stay away from them at all costs. My cousin just took his 400ex motor to them and had them install their 440 kit with a 12.5:1 comp JE piston. They promised him about 50rwhp, with I think an FCR carb. I know that CT Racing, along with Temecula Motorsports, has won the Baja 1000 the past 3 years in a row, so their motors have to be reliable to withstand that, right?

this site is a forum ..people complain about everything under the sun.

you were stating your cousin not CT racing so who knows what they told him.with out a dyno people say all kinds of things.

what are you looking for???????

Yellow2004ex400
05-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Well, what I'm looking for is anyone that has any bad experience with CT Racing's products or service, but especially with their engine build kits, if any. My cousin showed me a dyno sheet of their 440 kit on a Honda 400ex with a port and polished head, Keihn 39FCR carb, race cam, and a 12.5:1 comp JE piston (also including a Powerlid and exhaust), and the rwhp was close to 50, with a lot of over rev. Basically, I'm asking this because a member named Wheelie told me he had a bad experience with one of their engine kits for a LT500, and to stay away from them at all costs. I just want to know if any else has had ANY bad experiences with them, if any?

jrafter
05-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Well, what I'm looking for is anyone that has any bad experience with CT Racing's products or service, but especially with their engine build kits, if any. My cousin showed me a dyno sheet of their 440 kit on a Honda 400ex with a port and polished head, Keihn 39FCR carb, race cam, and a 12.5:1 comp JE piston (also including a Powerlid and exhaust), and the rwhp was close to 50, with a lot of over rev. Basically, I'm asking this because a member named Wheelie told me he had a bad experience with one of their engine kits for a LT500, and to stay away from them at all costs. I just want to know if any else has had ANY bad experiences with them, if any?

has your cousin been happy with there work.....you know him.

do you know this guy wheelie did you talk to him or just read his post.

QuadManiac
05-19-2008, 04:14 PM
I did a search on this site and could not find anyone that has posted anything bad about them, except for a member named Wheelie, who said stay away from them at all costs.

I think you answered your own question. If there were systemic problems with CT, you'd see many posts about them.

All my experiences have been good, as have been all others that I've heard about.

Yellow2004ex400
05-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Well, actually my cousin doesn't get his engine back til Wednesday from CT Racing, so he hasn't tried it out yet. I posted this thread because me and my cousin were just wondering if there were any other people besides Wheelie, that has had any bad experience with CT Racing. I personally do not know Wheelie, nor do I know if he is telling the truth. He posted a response to my question on another thread, saying that CT Racing is not to be trusted. I kind of figured since I couldn't find any negative posts about CT Racing on these forums that maybe it just happened to one person. The way I see it is that there is always going to be someone who is never happy; that's just a normal part of business. I guess I did answer my own question. I never saw it that way. We''ll just have to wait til after my cousin breaks in his 440 kit, to see how the engine performs. My guess is he is going to haul a*s.

leasureryan
05-19-2008, 10:54 PM
don't ya think maybe you should have reseached that BEFORE ya went and sent your motor to them...lol

The proof is in the pudding bro. Read it, belive it, then buy it. Trust me, if people had beef with them, they would show it. They aren't going to write up some bogus reviews so they don't hurt anyones feeling....this is the internet. The truth shall be told! If you can only find one bad review.....then there you have it. Nobody is perfect, but it sounds like they come pretty close!

Yellow2004ex400
05-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Oh, trust me. My cousin DID his research before taking his 400ex motor there. My cousin read online reviews, read magazines like ATV Sport, and talked with other 440EX owners at places like Pismo Beach, and he believed that CT Racing is a reputable ATV shop. Who has won the Baja 1000 the past three years? CT Racing, along with Temecula Motorsports. Obviously, they are doing something right. Plus, they gave my cousin a discount because his brother, who has the same quad, also took his motor there to have the 440 kit installed. There are other shops close by that they both could taken their motors to, like Trinity Racing or Triumph Motorsports, but they chose CT. We’ll just have to see down the road how it goes with their motors. Man, is it good to live in Southern California. A lot of ATV shops, along with car shops, are all within our fingertips.