PDA

View Full Version : richest race in ATV history

quadstar
05-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Hey Guys,

Just got back from Chicago where I have been for the last 10 days working on the race coming up in September. I went to the GNC race in Walnut, IL last weekend and talked to about 90% of the pros there. I spoke with the Factory teams from Kawasaki, Suzuki, Polaris, Yamaha, and CanAm along with alot of the independents. And everyone of them were excited about the event we are planning. The meetings did seem to have one common theme however, seems they all wanting to see the payout structure changed to payback the purse more evenly, rather than the $50,000 to win with such a drastic drop to second, and they even suggested that if we wanted to see more entries we should pay back more spots. So we went to work on it and came up with a new payout, paying all the way back to 52nd spot. Basically, if you make it into the night's show, you'll get paid. Check out the new payback structure on the website www.quad-sa-tion.com and see what you think.

Probably the most exciting thing that happened was Wednesday morning I met with NuWave Productions, a production company for SPEED TV. We discussed the event, what Route 66 Raceway and myself were looking for and after about an hour of discussions we had a deal. The Inaugural $100,000 Quad-sa-tion is going to be on national TV.

Also, many seem to be confused about the entry fee for amateurs. The $1,000 entry fee is not for the amateurs. It's for the "$100,000 Quad-sa-tion" event and it's open to all Pro, Expert, Pro-Am, and "A" class riders from all forms of ATV racing including, but not limited to, MX, EDT (formerly TT), Cross Country, Dessert, and Gran Prix racing. Sunday's amatuer day will have 27 classes that will match the classes from the ATVAs GNCs and the entry fee will only be $25.

I got a ton of things accomplished this past week and the excitement and support at Route 66 are at a fever pitch! Guys, I hope you all can understand what's happening here. This is the greatest opportunity ever presented to the sport of ATV racing. Their commitment has been made to me and to our sport for 3 years, with the only stipulation being that the industry participates in the event. Both from a rider entry and sponsorship standpoint. So I'm asking you all to do your part, make your plans now for September 12-14, 2008 to be at Route 66 Raceway in Joliet, IL. It promises to be one of the grandest spectacles in ATV racing history. And believe me, they are currently looking, asking, and thinking of new and exciting ways to cater to the riders and their families.

I have provided Quad-sa-tion event flyers/entry forms to the following companies so they can put them into every package they send out for the next 3 months or so. The companies are: Rath Racing, Hetrick Racing, Janssen Motorsports, Pro Sports Yamaha, Xplicit Motorsports, and Quinn Motorsports. I'll also be contacting more in the coming weeks to do the same as I attempt to make this the most widely talked about race of the year. With the deadline for entries being July 31st, every attempt is being made to make sure that all eligible riders are aware of the event and given the opportunity to enter, so please pass the word on to everyone you know.

Lastly, many have asked things like;

Q- What rules are you using?
A- We are using the ATVAs 450cc Pro-Am Production rules.

Q- What tires are you going to require?
A- Flattrack tires will be required on the rear, riders choice on front. (Currently working on a deal with a National tire company to provide a free set to be included with sign up)

Q- What type of track is it going to be?
A- Smooth surface, table tops, berm turns, TT style sections, multiple option lane sections.

Q- Will there be fuel checks?
A- Yes, samples will be taken as rider goes to line for mains.

Q- When will we get paid, and will the checks be good?
A- Riders will be paid at the payout window Saturday night, Yes! Your entry fees are paid to Route 66 Raceway and checks will be made payable by Route 66. Route 66 Raceway is owned by ISC (International Speedway Corporation), they own 14 nascar tracks around the country. Checks are guaranteed good.

I hope you will make your plans on taking part of this special event with us all.

Thank you for your time, check in often to www.quad-sa-tion.com for updates and feel free to contact me with any questions.

Randy Dinkins
info@quad-sa-tion.com

Pappy
05-18-2008, 08:04 PM
I have already been told to attend...good luck Randy!

quadstar
05-18-2008, 08:25 PM
thanks pappy

it'll be great to see you again, you always take great photos and all the racers really appreciate you being there for them.

BeltSlipper
05-30-2008, 07:27 PM
Heck that's only 30 miles from the house. I just might have to go.
DID you see the entry fee? wow.
You know what's amazing, I've never heard of anyone talking about this at the tracks around here. I have to find out about this online. Guess no one from the local area is attending.

quadstar
05-30-2008, 07:49 PM
hey BeltSlipper

I just signed onto www.midwestatvers.com today and I posted some information about the race. We are desperately trying to get info to all the riders, especially in your area! Please tell everyone you know about it and tell them to checkout the website for the event at www.quad-sa-tion.com . We'd really appreciate it. Also take a look in the June issue of Dirt Wheels (page 93) and you'll see a full page flyer for the event.

As far as the entry fee goes, the $1000 entry fee is only for the Quad-sa-tion race on Saturday, the amatuer racing on Sunday will only be $25, and we will have 27 classes, should be a fun day Sunday as well.

The $100,000 Quad-sa-tion event is open to any and all "A" class, Pro-Am, Expert, and Pro class riders from MX, EDT, Desert, Cross Country, Gran Prix and Enduro style racing. I would suggest trying to get a sponsor to pay the entry fee. I will tell you that we already have guys signing up and they're alot people excited about this event, so I hope you're going to be able to be there.

BeltSlipper
05-30-2008, 10:44 PM
Well I was planning on going. But my wife reminded me that where I work is shutting down for repairs during that time. So I will not be able to attend. And it's only 3 miles from work. Actually if I go to the top of one of our towers I can see the track.
Maybe I can sneak out. LOL I'll tell everyone I know. And print some flies off the website and take them to the track.
I'm all about promoting ATV Racing.