PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best sand trail tire?

Lo flyer
11-28-2002, 10:13 AM
If you were going to buy some new tires and you rode sandy trails most of the time what would you choose? I dont need dune tires but I dont want something thats too close of a tread pattern either. Can you help a brother out .....

muff
11-28-2002, 10:20 AM
I haven't used a set of realtors in sand before but it seems like it would work good, the tread's pretty much like a dune tire only wider and stronger, they worked well in mud and snow so I figure they should work good in sand to

someone, i think gbc, makes a stronger sand tire that works in mud and stuff to, but that may not be what you're lookin for cause they're almost the same as a sand tire

you can check these tires out a www.rockymountainatv.com

Lo flyer
11-28-2002, 10:32 AM
I have been locking at super swampers and mud sharks but I dont know if they are the answer.

GT300
11-28-2002, 04:13 PM
Maybe you should try 20 inch fast trekkers they have a little paddle on them. Here's a pic.

Derek
11-28-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by GT300
Maybe you should try 20 inch fast trekkers they have a little paddle on them.

Yea, I have a friend that rides in sand/trail conditions and he says they are the best tire for that kind of riding.

Lo flyer
11-29-2002, 05:08 AM
We have those on the blaster and I think they hook up ok but it being a blaster you kind of have to stay on the gas all the time so they didnt impress me all that much but maybe on the 400 they will.:confused: