PDA

View Full Version : rear beadlocks

03warriorrider
05-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Im thinking of getting some new rims and want beadlocks. I was looking at hipers and douglas/omf rims. Now with the hipers theres the CF1's and Tech 3's? Can somone please shine some light on the differeces for for me and any advantages over the other. I ride mainly trials so what do some of you suggest i get. The thing with the hipers i like is up here in New England it can get pretty rocky and i know the bealock rings will get trashed so ill be able to replace them, are the omf rings replaceable? Thanks in advance

05-19-2008, 07:02 AM
I've bent to many rims, that's why I went with the tech's instead of aluminum omf. The plus side of the douglas though, yes you can replace the rings anytime you want, but you can also send them to pappy and he will trick them out in any color you want. Don't get me wrong, hyper rings look sick, but a candy apple purple ring against an aluminum wheel, it's pretty nice.

TRX450RACER174
05-19-2008, 12:22 PM
CF1's are a recreational wheel and TECH3's are a race wheel, if the CF1's fit your budget and you are not racing just trail riding and such they will be a good wheel, If racing is more what your after and going big on jumps then the TECH3's are more your style, I have had Douglas beadlocks before no problem with them and if you get red or yellow label they are plenty sturdy but they are still aluminum and can bend.

03warriorrider
05-19-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I dont race just baisically trail riding. I've never bent a rim before so im thinking the cf1's SHOULD be fine so now i just got to make up my mine between aluminum or carbon fiber :grr:

03warriorrider
05-19-2008, 05:58 PM
also is there any advantage of one over the other of 8", 9" or 10" rear rims. these are for baisicaly xc type conditions