PDA

View Full Version : mod quad 1 1/8 handlebar clamp

aztecgwynn
05-18-2008, 03:14 PM
I have a 2006 honda trx 450r I currently have an IMS 4.0 gallon fuel cell, pro taper evo handlebars and a mod quad 1 1/8 handlebar clamp.
My question is does anyone have an IMS fuel tank with mod quad handlebar clamp because my handlebars hit fuel tank when turning left and right full turns only. It has also caused front plastic to go thru front bolts that mounts to fuel tank. If you have a solution let me know.
I am thinking about buying a steering stem maybe h-bars would clear then but don't know which to buy +1 or +2 stem and do those stems and clamps come with brackets for key switch and engine lights. I would drill a hole on hood but do not want to drill holes on nice quad tech hood.

05-18-2008, 03:45 PM
I have the same tank and a +1 Lonestar stem. My bars barely clear the tank.

My friend has an 06 450ER and he just got the same tank Friday. He went to pu it on and had the same problem you do. Luckily he had some old 250R bar mounts and he just stacked them and raised the bars up about an inch and the cleared.

aztecgwynn
05-18-2008, 04:19 PM
I sometimes think when my niece rides my 450r she will try to force the handlebars more than they can turn and she will make a hole on fuel tank because of bars touching fuel tank when making turns.
What kind of stems are you using for the people that run the IMS fuel tank and what size is stem and can you turn all the way to the left and right.