PDA

View Full Version : Wear your helmets.. please!!!

RideRed400StYlE
11-28-2002, 08:55 AM
Last night my stepdad and his buddys were out on the snowmobiles a little bit, and they all came in but there one friend wasnt there. so they went looking for him, and found his sled standing straight up and down in a couple of trees.. he was drinking, and had no helmet on, and he just held the sled wide open down a field into the treeline. they found him standing next to the sled, and his whole head was swolen up, and he was bleeding bad. so they rushed him to the hospitol. there he had some catscans, and x-rays taken.. turns out he broke his nose, his cheek bone, and fractured his neck.. we still dont know how bad he is or if its really serious. But now because he didnt wear a helmet he gets to spend the holiday in the hospitol. So what I am trying to say is, even tho the helmet wouldnt have prevented all this from happening, it sure would have helped a little. so everyone dont be stupid, it only takes a few seconds to put it on, and it can really save your life.
Thanks for reading this, and hope it changes what some people think towards wearing there helmets when riding

CHAUNCY
11-28-2002, 01:58 PM
sorry to hear about this. I hope he gets better soon.

11-28-2002, 04:55 PM
bad news sorry hear about it ,..
today..
was driving to moms for T-day.

Saw a dude ridng his utility..in a feild ..
& I was thinking..(putyour damn helmet on)
...he only hadon gloves & hat...

was dressed for coldweather not riding:(

Ryan
11-28-2002, 05:03 PM
Well im sorry to hear first. But if he doesn't wear a helmet and he wants to drink and drive then thats what he gets. Well when hes out of this I hope he learns a good lesson.

Heres a story from what happen I think last year.somewhere near my area was a snowmobiler and he was riding really fast threw a farm or something at night. Im sure he was drunk and he road threw a barb wire fence and it cut his head off. Sad to hear but thats what happened.

Also I live near a bar and all the snowmobilers are mostly older people in their 20's and 30's with they always go to the bar on their snowmobile. They stay their the hole day to get drunk and then jump on their sleds and start riding. They fly all over the place and their very dangerous. In one good day with snow on the ground there will be atlease 30 to 35 snowmobilers that stop at that bar, get drunk and go riding. And also alot of them don't wear helmets.

MILF_HUNTER
11-28-2002, 05:04 PM
what could have prevented it was not drinking then driving.
i have no respect for people that do this. i am sorry to hear about a family friend getting hurt but if he was drinking then he only had it coming to him

RideRed400StYlE
11-28-2002, 05:07 PM
we just heard from him, and they are keeping him in the hospitol for a couple days, because his head is soo swollen.. I guess the skin around his left eye is so swollen it covers his whole eye, and he needed to get stitches in his head, because it was cut open from the front all the way to the back.. Everyone was just messin around a little bit, it happened right next door to my house. and no1 had helmets on. they are all retards. I hope they all learned there lesson from this, because it could have been any one of them.. and I mean his neck is fractured. he is really lucky to still be alive, and walking

Rip_Tear
11-28-2002, 06:39 PM
That sucks, but everyone who knows him will remember to put their helmets on now! Riding anything and not using common sense and safety devices is just dumb!

Twiztid
11-28-2002, 07:03 PM
hope he gets better

muff
11-28-2002, 08:34 PM
wow I hope he's doing better, this will obvisouly teach him a lesson and hopefully others as well

theres this one kid I know who sometimes drinks and rides, he's crashed a lot and his once nice 400ex is now pretty beat up, we all see what he's doin and well all realize its not smart but he just won't listen... well what can you do you know?

RideRed400StYlE
11-28-2002, 08:44 PM
Nothin you can do.. live and learn. just hopefully dont have to learn the hard way. accidents happen closest to home. and its the truth, because you arent as cautious(sp?) when you know the area and have ridin there a million times.. its not that hard to put a helmet on. if he had a helmet on he might have not even wrecked, because the matter of fact is that he had none on and was going fast, therefore probably had less vision(although the beer didnt help any in that department either) and thats probably why he drove full bore into the treeline seperating fields. I mean there was no attempt to even turn the sled out of the way, just perfect straight tracks into the trees.. I just dont get it.. buy a helmet, smash it, you can always buy a new one. you cant buy a new life.. Sometimes people just need to use some common sense.. and its as much his fault as it is my stepdads and all his buddys, cuz they didnt stop him from goin out even though they knew he was drunk. and they were out there eggin him on racin around, and no one had a helmet on.. its just a good thing it wasnt any worse than it was........ must be real nice spending thanksgiving in a bed with needles in your arms.