PDA

View Full Version : Help with rear end!!

YZ400EX
05-18-2008, 10:07 AM
I am installing a new linkage (GT Thunder), Elka rear shock, and Hermann swingarm. Here is the issue. I bought all the parts used. Was told everything was for 04/05 which is what I have, but once installed I have issues. Bolted up the swinger, then the linkage then the shock. The problem is the front of the shock (spring) hits the front of the swingarm. Not sure if maybe I have a wrong year part, but something is going on.. I looked at the shock and its the same length as my stock. swinger looks like stock (kinda) but longer. Now the linkage of course is much different than stock and seems the shock mount might be too far forward.. anyone have any ideas??

UPDATE:

I changed the linkage back to stock and the shock doesnt hit anymore, so I am thinking it is just an issue with my linkage. Maybe I have the wrong year linkage?? whats the difference between the 04/05 and 06/up?

YZ400EX
05-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Can anyone help me???

JH Racing
05-19-2008, 04:44 PM
The pivot point is moved forward and down on the GT thunder linkage. The front swingarm gusset is probally to far back we had some issues with the 1st few swingarms we received in 04.