PDA

View Full Version : Brake Issues and Kill Switch

Oliver 550
05-17-2008, 07:11 PM
I changed out plastic today and it required me to remove the banjo fitting on the brake master cylinder. I can not get the brakes to bleed now. Any suggestions?

I also bought a tether kill switch and was wondering if someone could tell me where to connect it.

This is a 2003 ETON 90.

Thanks

etondaddy
05-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Getting the air out of that system sucks..........Take the caliper off, crack the bleeder and push the piston in with a c-clamp.... keeping the master cyl. full let it gravity bleed then pump bleed it with the c-clamp on....... then put the caliper back on and pump it up keeping the fluid full........ good luck. Your air bubble is in the caliper and is a b*tch to get out, pushing in the piston does it.

Take the longer plunger wire and tap it into the hot coil wire and ground the other wire from the body of the switch. So when the clip is pulled it grounds the power and shuts it off...... it's like shutting off a old lawn mower with a screw driver. I learned from Justin Hall never ground thru the CDI use the coil wire. Make sure the power is going to the plunger side if not the chrome piece on the body is hot while it's running and the first time he or she touch's it with wet gloves they'll let you know..... lol

Mike Kozura