PDA

View Full Version : DMC Alien QC S/A video

Hondamaster5505
05-17-2008, 06:41 PM
I know this isn't very big air, but thats because this video is for sound purpose's only. ill try to get a vid with bigger air soon.

Its the DMC Alien with the quietcore spark arrestor and fresh packing.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AzTAj8qndRE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AzTAj8qndRE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

05-17-2008, 07:35 PM
still sounds tinny to me like a hollow coffee can or something

my88r
05-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider

lol:D

still sounds loud to me:grr:

Hondamaster5505
05-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by my88r
lol:D

still sounds loud to me:grr:

Actually, believe it or not, it's pretty damn quiet. I don't know why the camera makes it sound louder.

I can ride in my yard all day and my neighbor's don't get mad anymore. The pipe in general is much less obnoxious.

The thing is, for my yard and places like in the video (right next to my dads shop) ill use the quiet core. For ashland where your in the middle of no-mans land, ill take it out.

The QC even'd out the power and made it smoother, instead of being such a top-end hit. Has a nice tone in person too.

Hondamaster5505
05-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider

I actually kinda like the way it sounds. It also sounds less tinny in person.

But Ill tell you what, ill compare this pipe to any HMF or Curtis Sparks. I will never trade it. In the dyno, it out-preformed HMF and was .3hp less then CSR.

Im glad i got such a good deal on it:D

my88r
05-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
Actually, believe it or not, it's pretty damn quiet. I don't know why the camera makes it sound louder.

I can ride in my yard all day and my neighbor's don't get mad anymore. The pipe in general is much less obnoxious.

The thing is, for my yard and places like in the video (right next to my dads shop) ill use the quiet core. For ashland where your in the middle of no-mans land, ill take it out.

The QC even'd out the power and made it smoother, instead of being such a top-end hit. Has a nice tone in person too.

yea, those vids always make it sound bad. glad you like to stay quite. what does your dad do??

Hondamaster5505
05-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by my88r
yea, those vids always make it sound bad. glad you like to stay quite. what does your dad do??

He owns a machine/fabrication shop and repairs ATV's/lawn mower/snow blowers/ etc on the side.

Mainly centerless grinding, polishing, and stuff like that. He has a lave and bridgeport also. Pretty cool machines.

right now hes fixin an 04 predator.

I do like quiet a lot of the time. It keeps people happy, yet still provides a nice power increase. A happy medium:D

Phillburt57
05-18-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm not really liking the sound of this pipe it doesn't have the thump you normally hear from others, it has no grunt to it....

Ruby Soho
05-18-2008, 06:32 PM
its okay, i really like the sound of my whitebros mx4, not a very common pipe but it sounds killer

Hondamaster5505
05-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Phillburt57
I'm not really liking the sound of this pipe it doesn't have the thump you normally hear from others, it has no grunt to it....

Like I said, this is the SECOND camera i've tried, and just like my old one it distorts the sound so much.

In person, it has an awesome mixed sound. Kind of like a grunty top-end rasping pipe. I don't know how to explain it, but it just sounds awesome in person.

If I ever get a chance to by a real video recorder instead of a digital camera, I can get a much better video of the sound.

Plus, the gains I think are better then the other top brands like HMF, Yosh, etc. This isn't because I own the pipe, its just my honest opinon. The only pipe I think makes more is the CSR.

Honda#4
05-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Great vid, I'm not feelin the exhaust sound im sure its a great pipe for the HP but it sounds like a bunch of nuts in a tin can to me, again I didnt intend to hurt ur feelings.

Hondamaster5505
05-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
Great vid, I'm not feelin the exhaust sound im sure its a great pipe for the HP but it sounds like a bunch of nuts in a tin can to me, again I didnt intend to hurt ur feelings.

No offense taken:)

I just wish some of you can hear it in person...:( It sounds a million times better. The camera doesn't do it justice..

Honda#4
05-18-2008, 08:56 PM
Put a good video camera on your christmas list, it kinda sounds like something coming from a shorty pipe.