PDA

View Full Version : 450r Routine Maintenance

rossignoldude81
05-17-2008, 01:48 PM
i was just wondering how often i should change oil and transmission fluid and all that good stuff... i just ride trails, no racing or anything...

Drewltr450
06-04-2008, 09:15 PM
offten as possible no really set time if you have the $ for oil and a filter change it and clean your airfilter. Will prolong your engine life sooo much.

rossignoldude81
06-05-2008, 03:30 PM
thanks man. what is the longest i could go without doing it? im living in the barracks and dont really have anywhere i can do it, so its hard to do it whenever i want to. one of the engineers who is a honda certified mechanic for outboard motors said if i ride hard then it will break down the oil or something and it would be fine. granted i still need to change it, just wondering how long i could go before it ****s up my engine and tranny

TheNewn
06-05-2008, 07:04 PM
I understand its an inconvenience, but it would be more inconvenient if you blew up the motor.

I'd to it as often as you can. Of course depending on how long each of your rides are, i'd change it after every few rides.

You could buy one of those 30 dollar stainless steel oil filters that are reusable so you'd save money before too long not having to keep buying oil filters for it.

rossignoldude81
06-05-2008, 08:36 PM
yea thats very true... ill prob do it like every other week when i get payed then... i appreciate all the advice yall, im still very new to all of this so anything yall tell me is good **** for me to know

zdowell
06-07-2008, 07:02 PM
It depends for most people. I do it after 2-3 rides. so maybe every 9-15 hours of riding. Some people do it more, some less. I just bought a 450r so i plan on doing it after every 2 rides.

rossignoldude81
06-10-2008, 04:49 PM
im gonna start cahnging it more often now... dont wanna mess my **** up since i cant afford another one if this one dies on me...