PDA

View Full Version : Shipping

killerworm
11-28-2002, 03:29 AM
Hey everyone,

I just purchased my first atv from ebay today (an '86 250R) and should be riding soon. My problem is getting the quad shipped to ND from WV. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for good and cheap carriers? I'm dyin to ride!!! Thanks!

Jim

NDrider
11-28-2002, 07:55 AM
Good Luck. I have been looking for a way to get my 400ex shipped out. Nobody comes in this ***** hole state. You may end up driving to MN to get it.

Again, Good Luck.

DESDAK4
11-28-2002, 11:14 PM
Bump

Come on guys I know there are plenty of you who have or know someone who has sold a atv needing shipping. He's brand new to the sport and we are really trying to get him going.

Jay
USAF

own2424
11-28-2002, 11:21 PM
yes, use FORWARD AIR!!!!!!

own2424
11-28-2002, 11:22 PM
Actually, you're stuck man! No way to use Forward Air to ship from ND to WV because FORWARD AIR does not have a terminal in North Dakota!!!!!! I shipped my quad with them successfully this summer from Nj to AZ for $150!

own2424
11-28-2002, 11:33 PM
The closest Terminal to North Dakota is Minnesota! You might have to use a trucking company or something, that'll cost you about $500+...good luck!

DESDAK4
11-29-2002, 12:55 AM
Yeah, this is a pain in the butt so far. The cheapest quote I've gotten was around $600 and that's a lot of cash I could be putting towards extras for the toy. Thanks for checkin things out and if ya see anything worth mentioning....please let me know!!

Jim :macho

own2424
11-29-2002, 06:54 AM
I would suggest this, but it probably would be a pain in the *****: Drive all the way to North Dakota to pick it up??!! It might be a little costly and time consuming too....:D

cheetah
11-29-2002, 08:54 AM
Just have them ship it to my house and I will give it a good home.:D

11-29-2002, 09:43 AM
i wouldnt of buy it since ur pretty far away from him, ship it or drive there

trx400ex
11-29-2002, 10:27 AM
just drive and pick it up, 600 will get you there and back

Knight440
11-29-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by own2424
Actually, you're stuck man! No way to use Forward Air to ship from ND to WV because FORWARD AIR does not have a terminal in North Dakota!!!!!! I shipped my quad with them successfully this summer from Nj to AZ for $150!

I would try another airline, Air is the cheepest way to go.

motochris
11-29-2002, 02:14 PM
Well if the seller and you dont mind i would tear it down and ship it UPS...I see this stuff all the time (yes i work there)... And the nice thing about that is you can really check it out and clean and grease things up while its appart.... I live closer to ND than most of you do and i know they dont have much for shipping by air there... Around here we have NPT,Yellow Freight and one other that i cant remember... Also you might even check to see if there are people who might be willing to drive and get it for you... There are also private people who do this kind of thing for there business also... Heck maybe some of us could get together and meet each other half way at certin points and get it to you that way or as close as we all can or to an air terminal..........:D

And we wont ride it .....:devil hehehehehehehehe

Mxbubs
11-29-2002, 03:44 PM
Use a trucking company called "CONSOLIDATED FREIGHT".........They are the cheapest I found.......I gaurantee you they have a terminal near you. Have the shipper ship it to the terminal close to you, and go pick it up there.

own2424
11-29-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Mxbubs
Use a trucking company called "CONSOLIDATED FREIGHT".........They are the cheapest I found.......I gaurantee you they have a terminal near you. Have the shipper ship it to the terminal close to you, and go pick it up there. Try to contact your local atv dealer/shop...they probly have a forklift you can use, because I think Consolidated charges for the use of Forklift and if you deliver it to a private address, it costs more! :D