PDA

View Full Version : Who has better prices?

XXXRACER165
05-17-2008, 10:19 AM
Who do you prefer for better prices?

05-17-2008, 10:55 AM
Lowes is pretty good with stuff. Home Depot is directly across from Lowes in my area so you drive across the street to see whats up and then determine who had the better price for whatever you were looking for.

TRUE
05-17-2008, 11:00 AM
"Lowes will match competitors prices plus an additional 10% of the difference"

yellow05ex
05-17-2008, 02:09 PM
I like lowes but you have to be careful...I am almost convinced that lowes buys damaged products and then sells them. We bought a tolite got it home and it wouldnt stop leaking. There was a crack in it...returned it and over half of them had cracks in the tank and bowl. Also noticed this with other products. Maybe just the people stocking are not careful but I think there might be something else behind it as well.

JJs450r
05-17-2008, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by yellow05ex
I like lowes but you have to be careful...I am almost convinced that lowes buys damaged products and then sells them. We bought a tolite got it home and it wouldnt stop leaking. There was a crack in it...returned it and over half of them had cracks in the tank and bowl. Also noticed this with other products. Maybe just the people stocking are not careful but I think there might be something else behind it as well.

i worked for my plumbing company and we got a majority of our supplys from lowes and we rain into amany of cracked toilets i think its just cuz there not careful porcelain breaks pretty easy any ways but ya lowes has best prices i think

05-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by TRUE
"Lowes will match competitors prices plus an additional 10% of the difference" so will home depot. i work for home depot and we get people after people coming in telling us how much better we are then lowes. We bring in over 1.6mil a week where most lowes are not even close to that. 300g a saturday alone. Lowes is cleaner and nicer since its a newer full size store. all though lowes been around for about 12 years? just not a huge store like the depot.

JJs450r
05-17-2008, 07:08 PM
around here our home depot blows can never find anything everything is scattered poor customer service id much rather go to lowes, and our lowes is usaully cheaper by about 30 cent on most of our plumbing supplys, also they carry a larger varity of supplies that we need

wilkin250r
05-18-2008, 03:10 AM
I never really saw a significant price difference between Lowes and Home Depot.

Ace Hardware stores are generally smaller, more local. It's almost not fair to put them into a price competition. That's like comparing the prices of soda and milk between 7-11 and Wal-Mart.