PDA

View Full Version : glamis report ...

shaneb
11-28-2002, 01:27 AM
I just got back I was there tues and wed moring and after noon at olds and 3 to 4 at geko

Well I raced at least 20 differect raptors at glamis at olds and was only lost to 2 consitantly .... . Out of these 22 only about 5 were stock ...
The ones that beat me the riders said they just had a pipe and jet kit, note they only had me by two bikes .... I was beating most of the raports by 10 bikes up olds ...

I did not run into any one from the forum

I was running 37.5mph up olds

Favorite race: 6 guys(all with rapotrs with pipes etc) in there late 30s I would guess are lining up at the bottom of olds I try to get them to race me ... they kind of point at me a laugh ..... I beat them ALL by about ten bikes. They all reaced me again same results ... Then they parked there bikes ...

Notes:

In general I got alot of strange looks when I would ask at bomb, banshee or rapotr to race my little 440 .... Many people were looking at my egine to be sure it was a 400 motor ...

Many people stoped me after a few races to ask me what was done to my bike: for those not following my "challeng to rapotrs thread"
440 10.6 to one
wb track cam
wb eSeries
41fcr
wb ignition box
kn

At gecko my gearing was just right did not lose to one raport

Raced 5 bombs one beat me by about 2 bikes ....

On the right side of olds I was geared a bit high the faster bike could cube me down on the right side ....

Did not find one fast z400 ....

Did not find any other fast 400ex's

My stock clutch now need to be replaced

Two turbo banshees were are the hill running 75 to 78 both days ....

An esr 370 was beating me by about 8 to 10 bikes ....

Windy but not too bad both days, rained tuesday night about 70 during the day not coolds at all at night ...

I made about 100 passes up olds and about 40 at gecko (data is in my gps I will count tomorow ) I am very sore and tired ....

New elka front shocks are great, I really need a back one now ....

Shane

CHAUNCY
11-28-2002, 12:34 PM
sounds kool. How crowded was it ?

own2424
11-28-2002, 12:48 PM
Any pics!?

beerock
11-28-2002, 12:58 PM
I should be heading out to glamis tomorow mornin......:D

honda350r
11-28-2002, 02:59 PM
Cool report....... Thanks .......................!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim