PDA

View Full Version : dirt bike ?

allhondaman
05-17-2008, 07:37 AM
i have a question about my dirtbike and i know this is an atv forum but idk where else to turn to. i have a 92 kdx 200 that has a 18 inch rear rim. a buddy of mine dropped off 8 rear tires for me that are all except for about 2 in decent to really good shape but all of them are for a 19 inch rear rim. i was wondering if its possible to put a 19 inch rear rim from something like a cr or kx on it. anyone if thats possible?

GPracer2500
05-18-2008, 06:19 AM
Going from an 18 to a 19 inch rim shouldn't be a problem. The tire+wheel combo is nearly the same total diameter no matter which size it is. The 18 just has more tire and less rim.

The trick will be figuring out what hub from some other bike will work. The total spacing, axle diameter, brake disk, and sprocket will all need to line up the same as the old hub. I'd start first by looking at hubs from other Kawasaki's from around the same year or whatever was the first year for your bike. Matching hubs from other dirtbikes can be a pain though. It's not like it's easy to just get a hold of a bunch and try them out.

Try asking in the appropriate subforum on ThumperTalk. Someone probably knows what will fit.

krt400ex
05-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
Going from an 18 to a 19 inch rim shouldn't be a problem. The tire+wheel combo is nearly the same total diameter no matter which size it is. The 18 just has more tire and less rim.

The trick will be figuring out what hub from some other bike will work. The total spacing, axle diameter, brake disk, and sprocket will all need to line up the same as the old hub. I'd start first by looking at hubs from other Kawasaki's from around the same year or whatever was the first year for your bike. Matching hubs from other dirtbikes can be a pain though. It's not like it's easy to just get a hold of a bunch and try them out.

Try asking in the appropriate subforum on ThumperTalk. Someone probably knows what will fit.

you can try pingertalk too, they are strictly 2 smokes like your bike