PDA

View Full Version : for all you people that hate ricers

Z-King
11-27-2002, 11:56 PM
remember where are quads come from :eek:

exriderdude
11-28-2002, 12:04 AM
post whore:eek:

oh well i have no room to talk, i just posted some pics that had nothing to do with quads, and i just replied to this for reason at all, i just wanted to call you a post whore i guess, i dunno, what :huh: im confuseing myself, im going to bed:o

11-28-2002, 12:05 AM
:huh :huh :blah

Z-King
11-28-2002, 12:09 AM
what :confused: :huh :confused:

Striker49
11-28-2002, 01:25 AM
AHhh...be quiet and go to bed. :p

Guy400
11-28-2002, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Z-King
remember where are quads come from :eek: Handmade in Bedford, PA:huh :devil

Quadracer5
11-28-2002, 06:54 AM
The 400EX is made in ohio.

Kyle

Sparks425Ex
11-28-2002, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Quadracer5
The 400EX is made in ohio.

Kyle

Not all of them. You have to check your vin number to be sure. Mine was also made in Ohio.

Woodsrider
11-28-2002, 08:46 AM
I love ricers because I am an Acura Tech. I have to work on them when they come in wanting something fixed under warranty. I just grin and stick in in their *** and break it off. My favorite are the Type R punks.
:devil :grr

11-28-2002, 08:51 AM
only ricers i like are the ones faster than me, so therefore i dont like many

quadman
11-28-2002, 08:59 AM
true dat

Sick0
11-28-2002, 09:02 AM
:huh

quadman
11-28-2002, 09:12 AM
yeah i know where their plans origanate from but i dont care, i dont hate the cars i hate those dumb kids who think they are cool for having a loud *** civic and who think it is faster than everything else, they are gay

Sick0
11-28-2002, 09:18 AM
:huh :huh

Sick0
11-28-2002, 09:19 AM
:grr :grr :grr

Sick0
11-28-2002, 09:20 AM
:devil

Moded86R
11-28-2002, 10:16 AM
While any import car that has modifcations done is generally called a ricer.And there is no definition.To me a ricer is ANY car that has had modifications that do not increase performance.And just look or sounds stupid.I guess it doesn't look stupid to the owners though.

I am not trying to stick up for them.I would prefer an F-body or stang any day of the week.There are the faster imports.Such as the supra TT or the 3000gt VR4.These cars are extremly capable.Either in a straight line or throught the twisty's.

So to me it doesn't matter that most honda's come from japan.The thing to that makes me mad.IS the fact that not one import car or motorcycle company gave any money towards the sept 11.This shows me that they don't care about the people that are buying there products.All that care about is the fact that we are buying them.

Z-King
11-28-2002, 10:37 AM
i have a suzuki suzuki is a japanese quad company just like toyota supra=ricer and it is from japan

Moded86R
11-28-2002, 10:42 AM
I have a question.How many nights have you been out watching street races?How many times have you saw these "ricers"Run?Probably none.Ever raced a 3000gt vr4?Probably not.

I have done this.While I am not sticking up for them.The fact that you call any imported car a ricer shows your ignorance.

motochris
11-28-2002, 02:36 PM
Well nothing beats old american iron... But if you look at any make or model there all metric nut and bolts and front wheel drive... Where did that come from??? Think about it... Japan...Americans took the idea and put it into what you drive today... Granted i like rear wheel drive myself... We have ricers here to but the thing is they get beat all the time...I have never been beat by any of them on the track or the back roads... It takes more than just an exhaust tip and a stupid ***** wing to be fast and a set of 18 or 20's... Some people watch to many movies!!!

You want a fast import then spend some money:

Custom made cam
Aftermarket head ported and flowed
turbo system or high compression pistons
Nitrous system
Header and large flowing exhaust system
MSD ignition system
Aftermarket Fuel injection system

Some imports are nice cars to drive but to be fast you must look at reality and spend money.... .....

2fastandfurious
11-28-2002, 04:03 PM
Well i sure hope that everybody know that there are ZERO transportation devices are 100% American.
-Ben
Ford Rocks Chevy Sucks!!!! :devil

Oh by the way i smoked a honda civic with my truck. Civics still rock though............

Ryan
11-28-2002, 04:16 PM
Well im not to sure but I thought honda motercycles and honda cars were to different coperations or companies. (whatever I don't even know what those words mean. :p ) And I don't like rice burners but it doesn't mean I can't like their quads. And if I don't like imports then I will just get a cannondale! :D

GT300
11-28-2002, 04:31 PM
I think that it is officially a "ricer" when you spend twice as much money on making it look good than on performance. Or if you have a dvd player in them.

99_400EX
11-28-2002, 04:38 PM
you all have it wrong rice and import arnt the same thing all are import cars until idots get a hold of them. altezzas, universal mufflers, windsheld washer LED's, body kits, 3' tall wings, big heavy wheels, stickers for parts that arnt on the car, subs and stero systems, ect....... thoes moda are classified as RICE in the import tuner handbook. RICERS are all show and no go!!!!! and who ever thinks import cars arnt fast. you might want to go race a non ricer.......caution you might get smoked!!!!!!!!!!!

QuadTrix6
11-28-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by exriderdude
post whore:eek:

ahahaha ROFLMAO

01TRX300EX
11-28-2002, 06:28 PM
Yeah I can't stand those ricers, I know where my 300EX comes from, but I don't have an exhaust that sounds like a weed eater (my opinion) and a bass system that shakes all the other cars around it and will probably make me deaf in a couple years, nor is it lowered to where if I hit a pot hole in the road it bottoms out, or those dumb gold spoke rims (oh wait that the old caddy's) or a sidewall on my tire that is about 1/2" tall, and an engine that will probably blow up because I've poured so much NOS in it. I have a question, why do some of these people have their seat all the way in the reclined position and use their steering wheel to hold themselves up? Is a seat not considered cool anymore so they dont use it? I am in high school and apparently I haven't cought on to this, and you will definately always see my seat all the way up, its safer that way, not to mention my truck is a regular cab and it cant go back anymore. American trucks and cars rule, oh and a Focus is my idea of an American rice burner. Anyone seen the show High Rev Tuners on Speed Channel, talk about a show filled with dumb cars. They also say that the sport-compact market is booming, apparently they haven't seen how much SUV's out number them, there are tons of SUV's on the roads. But hey its only my opinion. I know there will be a couple if not a lot of you that will disagree with me.

11-28-2002, 06:56 PM
Ricer = cheap arse POS import with twice its cost in BS bolt on crap that does nothing but lower its value.

Hot import ride = well made and engineered vehicle designed for performance and greatly enhanced by its owner with several times its cost in performance upgrades and custom paint (no fricken stickers) and correctly installed mods.

Not sure of the diff, then your deff a ricer.

99_400EX
11-28-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by 01TRX300EX
oh and a Focus is my idea of an American rice burner. Anyone seen the show High Rev Tuners on Speed Channel, talk about a show filled with dumb cars. They also say that the sport-compact market is booming, apparently they haven't seen how much SUV's out number them, there are tons of SUV's on the roads. But hey its only my opinion. I know there will be a couple if not a lot of you that will disagree with me.

Focus = Domestic Rice

and the sport compact business is booming they are just nocturnal preditors true there are lots of suv's out there but there is also millions of civics

Ride400
11-28-2002, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Moded86R
[B]While any import car that has modifcations done is generally called a ricer.And there is no definition.To me a ricer is ANY car that has had modifications that do not increase performance.And just look or sounds stupid.I guess it doesn't look stupid to the owners though.

are you kidding me???? so your saying a modded old chevy or ford is a ricer?? give me a break, you dont know what your talking about.

bigbadbrad
11-28-2002, 07:23 PM
http://www.anti-rice.com/
there ya go
a wonder if any one has ever thought to do this
go get a used grandama civic(used cost less) and froget about looks and put a spoon motor or some other good motor and mood that motor out but keep it onn stock rims so it looks like you got a stock car but when all them ricer punks wanna race you u let it loose and they will think they were bet by a stock car and relize their bolt on parts have done nothing for their performance

bigbadbrad
11-28-2002, 07:25 PM
oh yeah dont froget about these pages either

http://www.riceboypage.com/

and

http://www.beaterz.com/

R-Crazy
11-28-2002, 08:01 PM
rice=starch eaten usually at dinner time. very popular in the oriental countires.

ricer=POS car made in the oriental countries that tries to look fast, but cant.

just hope id clear things up.:D

i am riding honda for now, but i hope soon i will be riding a dale. whatever your ride, ride hard and have fun.

dave

stupid driver
11-28-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by NACS425Ex
Not all of them. You have to check your vin number to be sure. Mine was also made in Ohio.

i thnk mine was made in s. carolina

airheadedduner
11-29-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by 300ex rules
rice=starch eaten usually at dinner time. very popular in the oriental countires.

LMAO!!
I eat rice.

IMO its not the cars that are bad, its the jackasses driving and so called modding them. One of my friends I went to HS with has a ford probe(go ahead and laugh) that he put an centrifigal supercharger on. I can't believe he would wast money on such a pos. I am ashamed to know him:(

motochris
11-29-2002, 01:31 PM
There is nothing wrong with a ricer or import car... As long as you stuff a built up Chevy 350 and a TH350 tranny and a narrowed 12 bolt rearend in them .....................:D

Put some nice racing bucket seats in there a roll cage and do some mod work on the frame... Then knock the glass out add a little lexan glass and a 300hp hit of NOS to it.......:blah

nacs400ex
11-29-2002, 04:24 PM
Ford Rocks Chevy Sucks!!!!

Where did you get this false information.... Fords are garbage.....

***ked on race day
Found On Road DEAD

Honda= Chevrolet
Yamaha=Ford

The only good vehicles ford makes are: Stang, and The Lightning.

Ever since they made the pinto it all went wrong.

lol

just playin man.

my 2 cents

11-29-2002, 04:40 PM
why does everything ahve to be the same old crap, "american cars are the best" blah blah blah, just cuz imports are becoming popular everythinks it's gay because it's not what they have. I suppose SUV's on 22", 24", and 26" inch wheels will be the next thing that all of you will make fun of. c,mon guys it's almost '03, new stuff is gonna come out. some people need to learn to be more open minded.

Rastus
11-29-2002, 05:06 PM
I think rice is defined by making your car/ truck into something it wasn't meant to be....

Like Civic's into racers, and such.

And, taking a 4-door camry, puting some racing stickers, add a big wing, cut their springs(don't do it.....duh
:confused: ), and they think it's gonna win races...

It's not about adding a stereo, some people like to have a bassy system, but it's the one's who blast it all the time, just trying to get attention that I don't like.

Don't get me wrong, I have a system in my truck, but I don't go around and blast the windows out of Burger King...
:confused:

Chevy Rocks!!!:devil

GT300
11-29-2002, 05:18 PM
Puting 26" chrome wheels on an sport UTILITY vehicle is like puting carbon fiber 8" beadlocks on a kodiak.

quadman
11-29-2002, 05:26 PM
yes i have raced a vr4 , supra and all other imports you can name, i beat them all, i have a camaro, 1994 z28, flowmasters, y pipe, hypertech powerprogrammer3 and a 125hp shot of NOS, with that thing that controls the nitrous delivery, it like turns on the nos when i hit 70% throttle automatically

Moded86R
11-29-2002, 05:46 PM
Then I don't understand why you call these imports "ricers."They perform extremly well.

And for the person that qouted me and asked if I was for real.I must admit I screwed that one.I was trying to say that rice doesn't have to be an import.There alot of domestics that are "riced" out also.

quadman
11-29-2002, 06:07 PM
yes i know , i call this dumblooking cavalier a ricer all the time, i think anything with all those dumb looking wings and body crap is a ricer not just imports, and you call all imports ricers cause they are japanese and they like rice

Rastus
11-29-2002, 06:16 PM
We're not saying all Japaneese cars are ricers, just the stupid stuff owners do to make them LOOK fast...Like putting diffrent model stickers on, etc.

Like Supra's, yeah, they perform good...but they turn rice as soon as an Idiot owner get's one, and weights it down with neons,and other worthless crap.

Yes, ricers can be domestic.

Guy400
11-29-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by quadman
it like turns on the nos when i hit 70% throttle automatically Who set that system up? NOS should only be injected at full throttle.

Moded86R
11-29-2002, 07:23 PM
I was just keeping my mouth shut guy432.I am tired of arguing.

Rastus
11-29-2002, 10:44 PM
Dude, your missing our points, it's not the cars themselves....it's the flase image they put themselves in.

airheadedduner
11-29-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Rastus
I think rice is defined by making your car/ truck into something it wasn't meant to be....

Like Civic's into racers, and such.

And, taking a 4-door camry, puting some racing stickers, add a big wing, cut their springs(don't do it.....duh
:confused: ), and they think it's gonna win races...

Thats the best way that anyone has put it so far. It may be made in japan but even the die hard "Detriot Iron" people I know admit cars like the Supra are sweet and don't consider them ricers..

2k2-300exnj
11-29-2002, 11:10 PM
for all you people that like imports...
your all really slow!!! sry but the person that thought the big rims on a suv were kool... y? does it serve any pourpose besides costing a lot and lookin gay?
chevy sux!!!! and ford has the mustang, lightning, f series trucks, excursion, and the 428 cobra jet killed all soo think what u want from the factory i think ford had the best muscle cars besides maybe amx and sure since you all watch speedvision u think ur cool bc the s200 has most hp per liter but no offense honda is an econemy car not a drag car a fast import costs more than a fast american car no matter what way u look at it sure a civic only costs like 15 or 16 but then 10 to make it fast u could have had a stock stang that looks kooler and is faster...

own2424
11-29-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by 2k2-300exnj
for all you people that like imports...
your all really slow!!! sry but the person that thought the big rims on a suv were kool... y? does it serve any pourpose besides costing a lot and lookin gay?
chevy sux!!!! and ford has the mustang, lightning, f series trucks, excursion, and the 428 cobra jet killed all soo think what u want from the factory i think ford had the best muscle cars besides maybe amx and sure since you all watch speedvision u think ur cool bc the s200 has most hp per liter but no offense honda is an econemy car not a drag car a fast import costs more than a fast american car no matter what way u look at it sure a civic only costs like 15 or 16 but then 10 to make it fast u could have had a stock stang that looks kooler and is faster... And what kind of car do you drive? :confused:

airheadedduner
11-29-2002, 11:45 PM
I don't think you could fit 20s under any ricer SUV, and buy no means is an S2000 an economy car.

2002 Mustang 4.6L SOHC V-8
Horsepower @ rpm 260 @ 5250 (V-8)
Torque (lb.-ft.) @ rpm 302 @ 4000 (V-8)
S200
Displacement (cc/cu. in.)1997/121.9
Horsepower @ rpm(SAE net) 240 @ 8300
Torque(lb.-ft. @ rpm)153 @ 7500

airheadedduner
11-29-2002, 11:59 PM
ROFLMFAO!!!:D

Chef
11-30-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Honda300Rider

***ked on race day

Is that why Ford won both the Busch and Winston Cup Championship this year, and I think maybe even the truck series?:confused:

11-30-2002, 01:05 AM
maybe big wheels and imports is a city thing that you hicks don't understand. i'm just tired of these "I hate ricers" people. If imports were soo gay I dion't think NHRA would make six new import classes this year.

Ya know, there's soo much more to say to defend imports, but I don't care, everyone is gonna think what they think no matter what any of us say. no matter what you people say there IS an import somewhere that is faster than you.

one other thing, when people put altezza's, clear corners, and neons on they're truck does that make them ricers too?

Guy400
11-30-2002, 06:22 AM
and the 428 cobra jet killed all soo think Maybe you've never heard of the ZL-1 or LS6, both put the 428 to shame:confused:

Moded86R
11-30-2002, 09:13 AM
No I am not missing the point.I am tired of arguing over nothing.We all share one thing about ricers though.We hate them.So why argue over nothing.I was simply trying to say that not every import is a ricer.There are some imports that perform well and still look "good"And then there are the guys that take domestics like the cavalier,neons,focus,and growing ever popular around here the dodge stratus.And "rice"them out.

And the last reply I was referring to the 70% percent nitrous activation.

Rastus
11-30-2002, 10:15 AM
I agree on the thing Guy said... what about ZL-1's and LS6...? Ford isn't the best, but that's just my opinion...I can even name all their cars:rolleyes: :p

I think the company that had the best muscle cars from the factory was dodge/chrysler....but that's just me

What if you took a GM 8.1 Liter motor, totally buffed it out, all that stuff...I wonder what it would run..:eek:

the NHRA only makes those classes to keep people happy, and trying to keep racing off the streets.

No matter what,there will always be someone faster than you...no matter what car you have.:rolleyes:

phatswinn
11-30-2002, 11:37 AM
i like the ricers, im gunna get a civic soon, and do everything under the hood, unlike the preps that buy the fender kits and crap, then think its fast because of it, pistons cams and shocks, a pipe ect.. im not doing anything to the body of it just to show those little fag that know nothing abut there cars motor what its all about

nacs400ex
11-30-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Alky472

Is that why Ford won both the Busch and Winston Cup Championship this year, and I think maybe even the truck series?:confused:

Lol i just said i was playing around. i like chevy muscle cars better than ford muscle cars. 55-57 chevy cars. My dads got a 57 belair and it is awesome. I also like Chevelles, fords just dont appeal to me, everyone has their own opinion. Around here, where we use lots of salt on the roads, the fords rust more for some reason..??
By coincidence(sp) i dont know, just what happens. I also like chevy trucks better than ford. I think ford and chevy are the top of the line, Dodge is horrible, they sound like a freight train.

99_400EX
11-30-2002, 12:10 PM
if all you big shot domestic guys would get your head out of your butt and do some research on these import cars you would see that some of them do really have power and are really fastmy friend has less than 10 grand total into an import car that would blow the doors off most stangs and camaros or old hot rods im not knockin on domestic muscle cars because i like them too...anyways his car is like an 89 mitsubishi mirage with over 400 FWHP and the car only weighs about 2,000 pounds that is where imporst gain in advantage. but imports arnt really ment for drag raceing they are set up for twisties all the european grand prix road races in japan street raceing usally isnt drag raceing it usally is raceing on the expressways doing like 160 + mph

and they guy with the camero who raced a 3000 gt vr4 congratulations they are slow and with the supra kudos agian because it had to of been N/A

im not tring to knock on domesatics but just get you all to understand and quit knocking on something you know nothing about

Moded86R
11-30-2002, 12:30 PM
well said 99_400ex.

I street race alot.I have saw these cars run and no what they are capable of.It is simply amazing.Yes the lower end model imports don't run to well.You pay for what you get in cars and most people cannot afford a high performance import like you can a domestic.

And the camaro described IF it could hook up would be a 12 second car.Add a boost controller and some other stuff to a VR4 and they are just as fast.And they will hook up because of the awd.

Rastus
11-30-2002, 03:04 PM
Guys....do you get what were saying??...were not saying all imports are crap, were saying that the lower model one's, like civics that some people add some stuff too and automatically think they're gonna win against vette's, and other imports.

Were not saying the cars are crappy themselves, were talking about the people, and how they are wanna-be fast, instead of actually being fast and looking good.

No flames intended, but how many times have we said it's not about the cars...it's about some stupid things people do to them, and think there gonna grand prix with it.

my opinion is, if you have faith/pride in america...why don't you get a domestic car? Like Nissan's with a flag on them..:confused:

phatswinn
11-30-2002, 03:17 PM
why cant we all just get along? i dont get it all the domestic guys hate ricers cuz there low in hp, yet 2 times lighter than the muscle cars, and i donno a guy with a ricer that doesent have a stang or comaro? weirdos

01TRX300EX
11-30-2002, 06:52 PM
Actually Alky, Pontiac won the Winston Cup series, Tony Stewart drives a Pontiac, unless he did something wrong and they gave the win to Martin and I didnt find out, and the only similarities between a race car and the actual car are that they have 4 wheels and a similar body style. I am pretty sure they all run Chevy engines.

Guy400
11-30-2002, 08:41 PM
Actually Alky, Pontiac won the Winston Cup series, Tony Stewart drives a Pontiac, unless he did something wrong and they gave the win to Martin and I didnt find out, and the only similarities between a race car and the actual car are that they have 4 wheels and a similar body style. I am pretty sure they all run Chevy engines. Tony Stewart won the Winston Cup Driver's Championship but Ford did win the Manufacturer's Cup. Chevy and Pontiac do run Chevrolet engines but Ford and Dodge run their own, respectively.

2k2-300exnj
11-30-2002, 09:18 PM
the 428 cobra jet lasts longer then an ls6 and lz1 to bad corvettes loose a lot of value after 20,000 miles wonder y?:confused: maybe cuz they fall apart after a while unless treated perfect... im not saying i would never drive one cuz there slow or calling them slow by any means but people that get me angry arent the ones that make import cars fast but the ones who THINK there import car is fast... like people that put an exhaust tip on with body work and clear tailights that attract cops... although on SOME cars they look kool, but not the all clear ones...,

anyway my point is dont take a civic and put even a catback on it and say it is fast sure it mad it FASTER... but it is not FAST... i hate the ricers that try to line up with a mustang and think they are gonna win...

ok i veared off again my bad the point is i dont like imports but i have to admit to a few...
supra, 3000gt, some S2000s, and skylines to bad the real import isnt sold in america

99_400EX
12-01-2002, 12:52 PM
another thing with imports is that lots of civics have motor swaps and turbo kits also honda motors also have the capibility of using the block or head from several different cars all B16 motors B17 motors B18A, B18C1, B18C5, B20 then you could also get into the H series these motors range from 140 hp to 220 stock and when they are made into hybrides they get crazy HP but compair a car that weights 2000 pounds and har 200 hp to a car that weights 3500 pounds and has 300 HP

imports can be fast but ricers will not ricers are the people that think stickers, big wings, altezzas, and ugly body kits make you go fast

i dislike the ricers also but enjoy import cars

when done right imports can be made really fast

my friend has a low 13 sec civic has a motor swap stock H23 rated at like 160 hp and about the same for torque

Rastus
12-01-2002, 12:56 PM
the 428 cobra jet lasts longer then an ls6 and lz1 to bad corvettes loose a lot of value after 20,000 miles wonder y? maybe cuz they fall apart after a while unless treated perfect...

any car looses value when you put miles on them...:confused: :rolleyes:

2fastandfurious
12-01-2002, 01:08 PM
Ok that will make you laugh
http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~attse/honduh.htm

2k2-300exnj
12-01-2002, 09:20 PM

any car looses value when you put miles on them...:confused: :rolleyes:
corvettes loose masive amounts of value after 20,000 miles though... like 10g look in the books i may be wrong

Rastus
12-01-2002, 09:45 PM
That doesn't automatically prove that they start falling apart..:confused:

Bean
12-01-2002, 09:54 PM
my dads vette is far from fallin apart, and its a 75, but hey, guess we take care of our stuff, lol

Chef
12-01-2002, 10:53 PM
Actually Alky, Pontiac won the Winston Cup series, Tony Stewart drives a Pontiac, unless he did something wrong and they gave the win to Martin and I didnt find out, and the only similarities between a race car and the actual car are that they have 4 wheels and a similar body style. I am pretty sure they all run Chevy engines.

Whoops, I thought stewart drove a ford...Or maybe I just didnt really know so I put that he was in a ford to support my argument?:p

f1502nv
12-01-2002, 11:48 PM
you have to give them your respect their starting to go dame fast now!!!!

2k2-300exnj
12-02-2002, 01:30 PM
That doesn't automatically prove that they start falling apart..:confused:
if you use the corvette for what it is meantt for... racing driving hard.... it will not last long at least for the around 10 people i talked to that had them... and im not talkin about blowin rears, or killin a trans im talkin motor and overall build i really geuss i just dont like them there for i probably wont ever own one unless i can get one really cheap to beat on until it blows... just like the rest... no offense to you corvette fans and owners they are still nice cars

Bean
12-02-2002, 02:58 PM
ussally, its the few bad apples that own a vette, it blows a shock out or somehting, and they spread rumors about them all over the planet, just like people sayin Banshee's and R's lock up every weeknd, which they dont, all depends on maintenice, u can hav a 2 year old civic, and ruin more stuf on it than a 20 year old vette, depends on driver
'

Guy400
12-02-2002, 04:18 PM
Hmm, guess my grandmother's numbers matching '68 Stingray 327 isn't worth too much. Who'd want a mint '68 327 4-speed with 42,000 original miles on it?!

Plus, show me ANY street car that gets raced every weekend that never needed rebuilt. That's just ridiculous to even say.

Ride400
12-02-2002, 05:34 PM

if you use the corvette for what it is meantt for... racing driving hard.... it will not last long at least for the around 10 people i talked to that had them... and im not talkin about blowin rears, or killin a trans im talkin motor and overall build i really geuss i just dont like them there for i probably wont ever own one unless i can get one really cheap to beat on until it blows... just like the rest... no offense to you corvette fans and owners they are still nice cars

please just stop replying, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Warrioreater400ex
12-02-2002, 05:55 PM
yeah i hate the "image" the ricers put out... i mean dont get me wrong my favorite brands are toyota and honda... not by their sports cars for any means... i mean i think the Supra TT (and NO not because of the fast and the furious) (and i dunno bout it bein beat by the guy that has "that thingy, it like injects the nitrous at 70% throttle"). i like toyota and honda from experience. we have 6 vehicles...

88 Toyota pickup V6 long bed - 125,000 replaced clutch fluid reservoir and exhaust pipe
88 toyota pickup shortbed 22R-E 151,000 miles new exhaust, fan belts, and had to replace head gasket... and pulls 32" tires with no prob
93 toyota paseo - 180,000 miles - slight oil leak
95 4Runner - 120,000 miles - fan belts replaced
95 Chevy Astro - 91,000 miles - new belts at 30,000, new alternator at 43,000 new tranny at 70,000, new alternator at 78,000, rear hatch doesnt work, passenger side door pbroke, sliding door broke, squeeking sound from the engine.
99 honda accord 4cyl 4 door - 75,000 miles - brake pads replaced

so im just going from MY experience with products... i love toyota for their trucks and their stock off-road capabilities... dont get me wrong i love fords! their trucks rock! i love the Trans-am... my favorite muscle car of all time! but i just wish people wouldnt be so closed minded when it comes to only buying chevy or ford because their daddy did or for whatever reason.

2k2-300exnj
12-03-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Ride400

please just stop replying, you have no idea what you are talking about.
yea cuz ur post post was really helpful
my dad is a mechanic and has driven tractors since he was 16 when his father died... he has had almost every muscle car i can think of he was really into the street racing and lost a lot of friends do to it...
but my point is he has had corvettes, mustangs, chargers, challengers, chevelles... what ever he has had most and the car that gave him the most problems was the corvette and same for a few of his friends... when beat to its max the corvette at least the older ones wont last very long unless a lot of money is put into them... my dad had a 67 vette and it blew up racing with only 15,000 miles on it... my point is not that they are bad cars at all still fast but not my choice do to friends and relatives past experiences
is it just me or does that give a bad image?
sry if i have "no idea what im talking about" just was taking the majoritys word for it

im not saying that the linginfelter vette is going to blow up... so dont flame now cuz i said they werent reliable...
by the way for stands for first on race day :D had to lighten things up a little

2k2-300exnj
12-03-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Guy432
Hmm, guess my grandmother's numbers matching '68 Stingray 327 isn't worth too much. Who'd want a mint '68 327 4-speed with 42,000 original miles on it?!
sry i was refering to the newer models with the 10 g thing the older ones didnt even cost that in the first place sounds like a nice car got any pix?

Guy400
12-03-2002, 02:34 PM
I'm sure I've got pics but I'd have to dig them out over at my parents house. Next time I'm there I'll try and get them scanned.

Bean
12-03-2002, 02:56 PM
mabe ur dad doesnt know how to drive, overreving or something, or bad luck

my dad use to street race as well, and has all them muscle cars, and the thing that gave him the most trouble deff wasnt his corrvette

2k2-300exnj
12-03-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Bean
mabe ur dad doesnt know how to drive, overreving or something, or bad luck

my dad use to street race as well, and has all them muscle cars, and the thing that gave him the most trouble deff wasnt his corrvette
nah no over revving lol he can drive