PDA

View Full Version : Little Sahara trip actual date is June 5-8

two85atc250r's
05-16-2008, 08:33 PM
Just thought some people might be getting confused so I started this new thread. Actual dates for the Little Sahara meet is the weekend of June 5-8.

Thats a sweet looking R troy. I love the way they look when they still have the headlight. I still think thats the coolest looking hood. Are you bringing that RZR with you?

Maybe this new thread can help to clarify the actual days we had all decided to go, in case anyone else might still want to join in they wouldn't be thinking we were going Memorial Day weekend.

atvmxr
05-16-2008, 09:45 PM
oh geez, I think different forums are going each weekend for the next month! :devil:

two85atc250r's
05-17-2008, 01:25 AM
It's the place to be. It's like mardi gras in the sand, you can't afford to miss it.

jamesblown97
05-19-2008, 05:19 PM
lol i didnt find it all that confusing but ill be there to hang with you guys

troybilt
05-19-2008, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by two85atc250r's
Just thought some people might be getting confused so I started this new thread. Actual dates for the Little Sahara meet is the weekend of June 5-8.

Thats a sweet looking R troy. I love the way they look when they still have the headlight. I still think thats the coolest looking hood. Are you bringing that RZR with you?

Maybe this new thread can help to clarify the actual days we had all decided to go, in case anyone else might still want to join in they wouldn't be thinking we were going Memorial Day weekend.

I'm about 90% sure a go. I have a family reunion that weekend, but I really don't want to go.... at all. The ol'lady is at a conference that weekend so it'll probably be just me, and yep I'll bring the RZR, its ALMOST as much fun as the 250R :D

I ordered one of those giant exriders stickers I throw on the trailer so I can't be missed. :macho

jamesblown97
05-19-2008, 09:11 PM
hopefully i can figure out this plug fouling problem i have by then but if not i guess ill just have to bring an entire case of plugs and many cases of beer. and a bunch of jets. the beer will just be there to comfort me after i get pissed off and tired of changing plugs and rejetting all weekend hahaha but i should have the R dialed in by then see you guys soon

james

two85atc250r's
05-19-2008, 11:29 PM
finally got my bike put together. Waiting on my new carb to come in the mail. I can't wait for the sand. The big sticker on the trailer is a good idea troy, are you camping or RVing?

Bring all the jets you got james cause I'm gonna have a brand new engine and a brand new oversized carb so I may be right there with you on the jetting. I've got a couple of weekends to get it dialed in. Hope I get it done.

asohagan
05-20-2008, 12:19 AM
me and my wife will try to be there, i have a black stretched shee and she rides a pink 400ex with white and pink tribal graphics, if u see us stop by

mcwilly
05-20-2008, 07:50 AM
I'm counting down the days. My tires/wheels should be here anyday now (hopefully today). Gonna put the Sparks timing key in tonight (if things go as planned). My steering stabilizer will be here tomorrow, and my front shocks should be here the first part of next week.

troybilt
05-20-2008, 08:16 AM
finally got my bike put together. Waiting on my new carb to come in the mail. I can't wait for the sand. The big sticker on the trailer is a good idea troy, are you camping or RVing?

Bring all the jets you got james cause I'm gonna have a brand new engine and a brand new oversized carb so I may be right there with you on the jetting. I've got a couple of weekends to get it dialed in. Hope I get it done.

Camping... I have a 12ft enclosed trailer that I converted to a poor mans "toyhauler.... :D

two85atc250r's
05-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
Camping... I have a 12ft enclosed trailer that I converted to a poor mans "toyhauler.... :D

Hey thats better than what I got. Mine rides in the back of the truck when I come by myself. It saves too much gas to not drag a trailer.
I'll be in my white shortwide chevy, 95. How many of those trucks are around? lol. Just look for a cherry little trike that goes with it and you should find me. Can't wait guys!

jamesblown97
05-20-2008, 03:21 PM
well ive got a tent and thats what ill be sleeping in but its better than nothin. we'll most likely be in a loud lowered blue single cab flareside chevy with a small trailer on it im gonna be doing carb work until then so i should have it ready but im still gonna bring jets and alot of plugs just to be on the safe side. am i gonna be able to just duct tape some flashlights on the dirtbike if me or the ol lady want to ride it at night or are they going to throw a fit about it?

james

mcwilly
05-20-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm gonna be livin the high life. I'm bringing a tent and an inflatable mattress. I'll be towing the bike on a trailer. White Sport trac.
Do I need to get a flag beforehand or do they sell them there?

two85atc250r's
05-20-2008, 04:48 PM
I don't know how strict they are about lights. You might be able to get away with it but don't take my word for it. I know I wouldn't miss out on the night riding for anything, so I bought a new headlight and taillight just to make sure I could right at night.

They do sell whips there so if you don't get one beforehand don't worry. They are not overpriced either, about 15 bucks, or 20 bucks for a guaranteed one I think.

Would anybody be interested in splitting a campsite? Trying to save as much as I can so I'll have more beer and gas money. lol. It's 8 bucks a day for campsites and $7 a day for riding pass. If somebody is coming by themselves and doesn't mind sharing a camp let me know.

jamesblown97
05-20-2008, 05:40 PM
I don't know how strict they are about lights. You might be able to get away with it but don't take my word for it. I know I wouldn't miss out on the night riding for anything, so I bought a new headlight and taillight just to make sure I could right at night.

They do sell whips there so if you don't get one beforehand don't worry. They are not overpriced either, about 15 bucks, or 20 bucks for a guaranteed one I think.

Would anybody be interested in splitting a campsite? Trying to save as much as I can so I'll have more beer and gas money. lol. It's 8 bucks a day for campsites and $7 a day for riding pass. If somebody is coming by themselves and doesn't mind sharing a camp let me know.

ill split with you. itll be me the ol lady and a buddy of mine. but unfortunately i think ill just have the R and the little dirtbike because i broke everything else this past weekend and dont have the time or money to fix it all by then so i will be splitting time on the R with the ol lady. unless i can somehow come up with another quad by then but ill still be there with a beer in my hand now is that $7 a day per person or per vehicle (quad dirtbike etc...)

james

two85atc250r's
05-20-2008, 05:55 PM
You know I'm not really sure about the riding fee. I think it is per person. I don't know how they keep up with it though. Are yall coming Thursday evening?

jamesblown97
05-20-2008, 06:05 PM
if i can get somebody from day shift to switch shifts with me we'll be there thursday evening if not it will be about 2-3 in the morning friday but worse case scenario if they dont let me take vacation on friday ill be there 2-3 saturday morning and leave on monday sometime instead of sunday im taking 2 vacation days this weekend so i can go party at the lake and take the boat out so ill have to wait till next week to put in for more vacation but ill still be there all weekend one way or another ill keep ya posted

james

jamesblown97
05-20-2008, 09:08 PM
you know as far as the beer bill for the weekend goes i may have that covered for a few of us i just remembered that i can get my keg filled for about $50 and ive got a half *** setup to keep it pretty cold without electricity hell ill drink $50 a of can beer a day by myself so if yall are interested i could just get it filled for the weekend if you guys just want to help with the ice situation so just let me know itll be cheaper for all of us

james

troybilt
05-21-2008, 07:01 AM
Riding fees are 7 bucks a day per person, they give you a wrist band at the gate.

The last time I camped we had electricity and water, and that was kind of expensive. I would recommend the North campground, if you want nicer facilities and camp spots. Same price camping-wise. The south gets extremely dusty with the quads and buggies driving by all weekend. Its miserable, especially if there is a breeze or wind. The North, "Cowboy" campground is the cleanest and has the most room for spots.

Also on the North side, you leave the gate and you are immediately out in the big dunes, the south you have to drive thru a crap load of trails to get the big dunes.

Bring some change for the shower, 50 cents a day should cover ya.

As far as lights, I think you can get away with the flashlights. I saw a few last March when I was there. Don't blast me it they don't anymore. You need to have a front one and a red one in the back.

mcwilly
05-21-2008, 07:40 AM
I got my paddle tires/wheels yesterday. :D
And I'm willing to share a camp spot w/ somebody to save some money since I'll be flying solo up there.
James, if you got a keg, I'm camping w/ you! :D
Sounds like the North side is the place to be then....

troybilt
05-21-2008, 03:02 PM
One thing I should point out incase anyone is wondering. They NO LONGER allow riding double down, there they changed the law July last year and they are inforcing it. It is a $500 fine if caught riding double. Just an FYI, I forgot to mention.

two85atc250r's
05-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Yeah James I'm definately down to pitch in on the keg and ice. Just let me know how much and I won't even bring any beer with me if you want to do that.

I'm solo as well Willy so we could share one or maybe we can get a couple spots next to each other with James and Troy. You can't come till Friday night right Willy? If so you can just call cause we'll already be there, we can just tell you where we are at.

Sounds like we should all try to get into the north camp, thanks for all the info Troy. Are you staying in a tent or camper Troy? I can't remember if you said.

jamesblown97
05-21-2008, 06:13 PM
well i am filling my keg for this weekend and it cost me 62.86 out the door. if you just want to buy the ice to keep it cold we'll call it even. i keep it in an old deep freezer with a hole cut in the top for the hose to come out of its just like a huge ice chest with lots of extra room for other stuff (foods liquor etc...). last time we used it we put about $25 worth of ice in it and it stayed cold for 4 days and nights and still had lots of ice for another day or two. it would be cool if the first two people that got there got two sites right next to each other so when the rest of us get there we will already have sites. cant wait till then

james

two85atc250r's
05-21-2008, 07:00 PM
I will probably be one of the first ones there (Thursday afternoon sometime) and if yall want I can just pay for two sites as soon as I get there. The keg deal sounds like a great deal to me, I'm happy to buy the ice. I'm sure others won't mind going in as well. What kind of beer are you gonna put in it?

jamesblown97
05-21-2008, 07:31 PM
yea if you pay for 2 sites when you get there ill pay you for one of them when i get there. as far as the type of beer im not really picky. ill drink bud bud light keystone whatever it doesnt really matter much to me so if you have a preferance just let me know. if not itll get filled with bud light or keystone

james

two85atc250r's
05-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Don't matter to me, I was just curious. I'll drink anything. bud, bud light, keystone, I don't care. I just think its cool that there's gonna be a keg. Glad you have a setup to keep one outside for a few days without it getting hot. I'll go ahead and get the two sites when I get there. Hope I can still find 2 next to each other on Thursday. Let me know when you find out for sure when you might be there.

jamesblown97
05-21-2008, 07:55 PM
ill let you know as soon as i find out

mcwilly
05-22-2008, 08:07 AM
Yeah James I'm definately down to pitch in on the keg and ice. Just let me know how much and I won't even bring any beer with me if you want to do that.

I'm solo as well Willy so we could share one or maybe we can get a couple spots next to each other with James and Troy. You can't come till Friday night right Willy? If so you can just call cause we'll already be there, we can just tell you where we are at.

Sounds like we should all try to get into the north camp, thanks for all the info Troy. Are you staying in a tent or camper Troy? I can't remember if you said.

Cool, that'll work. Yeah, I wont be there until Friday evening. Somewhere between 7-9....depending on when I get get out of work. And I'll gladly chip in for beer/ice fund. I'll bring some bags of ice and my donations to the keg. Bud Light works for me. :D Actually, anything out of a keg is cool w/ me. And yeah, I'll give you a call when I get there to find out exactly where ya'll are at. Will they still be selling the whips by the time I get there? If not, could somebody snag me one and I'll pay for it once I get there.
I got my sterring stabilizer on last night and my Sparks timing key put in on Tuesday. I'm hoping my shocks ship today....we'll see.
How many more days? :macho

troybilt
05-22-2008, 08:21 AM

Neither. Poorman's toyhauler. 12ft enclosed trailer with a foldup futon mounted to the wall inside. I also carpeted it and mounted a full roll-away toolbox to the floor...

I had to do something cause the ol'lady didn't like the tent option. Got to keep'em happy...:macho

When we were there early this March, the temp dropped to below 20 and it was fricken cold but inside the trailer was nice.

two85atc250r's
05-22-2008, 09:41 AM
Nice, sounds like something I would do. lol. You still gonna put the sticker on the side? Or was that somebody else that said that? I ordered me some little ATVriders.com stickers to put on my trike they came in about a week.

Yeah Willy if you don't get there in time to pick up a flag I don't have a problem grabbing you one. How does your quad look with those paddles? I always think they look so much cooler with paddles instead of knobbies. Two weeks from today! :macho

jamesblown97
05-22-2008, 04:32 PM
im gonna need to get 2 flags but after working all day or night i may just skip the first night ride and drink beer all night and pick them up first thing in the morning. i think i have class on thursday that lasts until 5pm and if i work day shift ill leave after that but its all still up in the air right now

james

two85atc250r's
05-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Well guys it looks like I might not be able to make it until Friday but I'm not really sure yet. My brother-in-law in talking about wanting to go and if he comes I will have to wait until Friday afternoon to leave. I don't really want to wait but I can't make him drive up there by himself just because I wanted to leave Thursday. I will keep yall posted, I should know for sure by Monday.

jamesblown97
05-28-2008, 09:45 PM
well i cant get off on friday so ill be there either friday night late or early early sat morning and ill be takin monday off instead if anything changes ill let you guys know

james

jamesblown97
05-29-2008, 05:44 PM
well guys im out on this trip as far as i know. the trans just let go in the truck and im resorted to the car or the streetbike i cant pull my stuff to the dunes in either one of those so i hope that you guys have lots of fun and take some good pics and post them up. if by some miracle i get the money for a trans ill let you guys know but i doubt i will so yall have fun

james

mcwilly
06-02-2008, 11:16 AM
OK, so who all is in? I'm still in. And still plan on leaving out of here Friday evening.

asohagan
06-02-2008, 10:53 PM
we will still be there if i ever get my paycheck, that is all that is holding me back. i have been waiting since the 12th hopefully it gets here so i can go there

troybilt
06-03-2008, 06:51 AM
It looks like I'll be out on this trip... :grr:

We got blasted with a hail storm yesterday and my, truck, trailer and house all have damage. I just built a new house in a new development and the neighbors's don't have grass yet and most of their yard washed into my yard and I'll be working on the yard and house this weekend.

We had some large hail, the poor-mans camper that I have the 14ft enclosed got smashed with hail. It was in my driveway. Sucks, it'll probably be totaled out.

You guys have a blast. I hope to make the next trip. I maybe going in a week or so, I'll keep you'all posted encase you have time to make it up there again.

mcwilly
06-03-2008, 08:25 AM
lol, so it looks like it's just me, two85atc250r's, and possibly asohagan.
Troy, sorry about the storm damage. That sucks! And James, good luck getting the tranny fixed.

asohagan
06-05-2008, 12:16 AM
FOUND OUT TODAY I WONT GET THAT CHECK TILL 6-13 SO IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR ALONE BROTHA UNLESS YOU WANT TO WAIT TILL THEN

LET ME KNOW IF YOU DO, SORRY

mcwilly
06-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Damn. So it looks like it's down to me and two85atc250r. (who hasnt confirmed yet one way or the other) I've already got too much time and money (paddles, groceries, camping supplies) to bail out now. :D My only debate now is if I'm going to take my 5 year old son or not. Originally he wasnt going....but he wants to. If I'm solo, I'll take him w/ me.

troybilt
06-05-2008, 08:07 AM
McWilly,
You going to be checking email tomorrow? If I can get thru these storms tonight, unscathed, we are supposed to get hit with the worst storm in that last 35 years.

I'm going to try and go. This will be my last free weekend until sept and I don't want to wait that long to tryout my new suspension.

I may just forget the RZR and just throw the R in the back of the truck and go.

I will PM you my number. You're gonna be there tomorrow night, right?

Troy

mcwilly
06-05-2008, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
McWilly,
You going to be checking email tomorrow? If I can get thru these storms tonight, unscathed, we are supposed to get hit with the worst storm in that last 35 years.

I'm going to try and go. This will be my last free weekend until sept and I don't want to wait that long to tryout my new suspension.

I may just forget the RZR and just throw the R in the back of the truck and go.

I will PM you my number. You're gonna be there tomorrow night, right?

Troy

Cool. Yeah, I'll be at work all day tomorrow (unless a miracle happens and they let me out early) so I'll send you my work email. Just let me know.
Yeah, I'll be there tomorrow night. Probably around 10pm. (I've heard it's about a 5 hour drive from here)

two85atc250r's
06-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Sorry for not replying guys it has been a crazy week. I am not going to make it either, man I feel bad. I kinda got this whole thing going and now I'm bailing too. I am definately still gonna go it is just going to be a little while. Gas prices are unbelievable and the money I had budgeted for the trip ended up getting used for something else. Bills come first I guess, life sucks in that regard. Hope you guys have a great trip, maybe we can still all go again towards the end of the summer if yall will be up for it. Yall take pictures and post them up when you get back. Happy riding.

mcwilly
06-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Well Hell. I should be packing up my truck and getting everything ready. But now I'm not sure WTF I'm gonna do. I dont really want to head up there solo.

mcwilly
06-05-2008, 07:47 PM
As much as I hate it, I'm out. I'm gonna take my son up to Red River on Saturday instead...and stay the night out there.
But I'll definately be making a trip to LS. Hell, I didnt buy paddle tires and wheels for nothing. :D
Troy, good luck w/ the storms tonight. Sorry dude.

troybilt
06-05-2008, 08:26 PM
No worries.

Its probably best that I don't go anyway. I've been putting off some yardwork and the 4-5" of rain this evening didn't help things. Luckily we avoided most of the hail and tornadoes... so far.

If anybody goes this summer, PM me or something, I'll try and go if I can.

I wasn't too keen on making the 4.5 hr trek solo either. My buddy didn't get his motor fixed so he was out and the ol' lady is at a conference all weekend. I drive a diesel and I'd spend at least 200+ bucks in fuel there and back.

atvmxr
06-06-2008, 07:44 AM
ROFL! sounds like everytime I plan a group trip :)

mcwilly
06-06-2008, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by atvmxr
ROFL! sounds like everytime I plan a group trip :)

:blah: I was ready to go too! Damnit! :D
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/rx3732/100_0544.jpg

atvmxr
06-06-2008, 02:00 PM
damn, Im not much for 4pokes, but get that frame painted black and that is bad lookin mofo!! :)