micky thompson classic 2 15-10
no lift
cd player
crystal tail lights= or black outs
red turn signals
flowmasters and some kind of air intake for my truck
97 silverodo 4x4

my ex
a 416 or 406 doent really matter and the highest compression piston i can get without running race gas and the best cam wihtout hardrend the rockers.

some regular elka shocks or works performance shocks

another white brothers pipe (i bought one then i had to sale it my truck sorta needed a tune up:D )

skid plate

something that will make my clutch easier to pull in cause my hand has been hurting lately , from the clutch its been cramping up a whole lot, but i dont ride as much as i used to just on weekend so that could be why..

bigger oil cooler and a graphic kit

that is what i want , the only downside is that my truck is a vortec 305 and extended cab so it robs the power some people told me not to mod it up but to sale it and get a different one with a diffferent motor , but they never rode in my truck...
and they told me it be a waste of money to change tires and rims and taht micky thompson where ugly

on my 400ex i have to watch out for my warranty casue i canat get my money back on it so it sorta sucks to mod up a fourwheeler that you paid for a 4 year warranty. you know waht i am saying so i dondt know if i should go small on the 400ex with just a pipe and oil cooler, skid plate, graphics and go big on the truck...

i just need alot of opinions i bet there is a couple people in my shoes that work a whole lot and still have a money promblem so i just thinking of what i should do, and wondering what your answer would be .

thanks for taking the time to read my post please reply with a good interesting answer

NTPRacing#19
11-28-2002, 08:12 AM
well if you only ride on the weeeknd then get **** for the truck

motochris
11-28-2002, 02:03 PM
Dude stay away from the FLOWCRAPERS i mean Flowmasters:D

If you want a real good flowing exhaust go with a Straightline muffler... They made more HP and torque on the dyno than the flowmaster did...

But i might go with stuff for the quad myself....Or split it up between the two........:p

11-28-2002, 02:07 PM
Get stuff for the truck.!!!!!!!!!

Steve-o 400EX
12-17-2002, 02:32 PM
Go for the truck, ya gotta look cool haulin that ex, I got flowmasters and love em, but i think the borla's are the best.

Good luck!

Bean
12-17-2002, 02:56 PM
lift the truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do half and half, some stuff for truck, some for quad, easy

killed300ex
12-17-2002, 03:01 PM
defininitly get the stuff for the truck and mayve just the pipe for the ex. You spend alot more seatime on the truck so spend the money on that. Dont let people tell you that a 305 isnt enough engine. Its plenty plus my dad has a 02 chevy silverado ext. cab shoort bed with the 305 and going along at about 30 then floring it will downshift and spin the tires personaly i dont know many trucks that can do that. lol So id get exaust and tires and intake mfr the truck and jsut the pipe for the ex
killed

Bean
12-17-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by killed300ex
defininitly get the stuff for the truck and mayve just the pipe for the ex. You spend alot more seatime on the truck so spend the money on that. Dont let people tell you that a 305 isnt enough engine. Its plenty plus my dad has a 02 chevy silverado ext. cab shoort bed with the 305 and going along at about 30 then floring it will downshift and spin the tires personaly i dont know many trucks that can do that. lol So id get exaust and tires and intake mfr the truck and jsut the pipe for the ex
killed

lmao, if you downshifted in a truck, going 30, your goin to tear the sh*t out of yor tranny, dont do that, might as well shift into park going 50 and leave some fat marks as well

R-Crazy
12-17-2002, 03:13 PM
EX, then the truck.

dave

killed300ex
12-17-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Bean

lmao, if you downshifted in a truck, going 30, your goin to tear the sh*t out of yor tranny, dont do that, might as well shift into park going 50 and leave some fat marks as well

Well its not my truck its my dads and its not realy his its his works so we beat the crap out of it then get a new one every 2-3 years. its an automatic so id amagine it cant be to bad for it if the computer lets it do it. BUt i know its not the best. Im not the smartesst when it comes to this so u prolly are right lol I mean its not like 30 but 25 -30 not that it makes any diferance.
killed

RideRed04
12-17-2002, 03:49 PM
Couple of things..Chevy quit putting the 305 (5.0L) in the trucks in 1998 it got replaced with the 4.8 (283 I think). Downshifting when you punch it isnt going to hurt anything, that is how they accelerate. say you are crusing down the trail on the 250r, just idling along in 6th gear. You wanna accelerate. You pin the gas, what does it do? Bogs and if you have decent power, it will pull out of it. If you downshift to 5th, it will shoot out from under your arms. Its not as relivent for quads, they have a better power to weight ratio. On my jeep, I frequenly have to downshift to 4th on the interstate, for pretty much every hill. As long as you dont over-rev it, you are fine. The tranny will take it.

Sportrax10
12-17-2002, 04:16 PM
Go half and half! This way your not missing out on either thing!:square

RideRed04
12-17-2002, 04:23 PM
Oh yeah, I suppose I should include some useful info...lol. Put some dual exaust on the truck, nothin says lovin like a beasty sounding truck. A lift looks cool, but it will cost you more in the long run. Lifts kill your gas milage. I would get some 32" good year mtrs on american racing 767 rims (the black ones) and they should fit stock (friend has a sierra z71 with them). They look awsome, and have sweet traction. Save the rest, you never know when something you want will come up.

yellowrider
12-17-2002, 07:46 PM
thanks for all the replies... so far i know i got a cd player for christmas for my truck and a pipe for my fourwheeler,
i dont have anything else that i know of... i got black out coming i think..... my gf is getting me those..

i been thinking about the lift and if i do get a lift its not going to be huge its gonna be around a 2-4 inch lift thats about it..
with some micky thompson classic 2 ....
dont know what kind of tires..

also i dont know wether to get 10s or 8 inch wheels, i dont want to cut anything by the way....

also what i dont get for christmas i have my birthday comeing up in feb.28 so then i can be greedy i am notd really greedy on christmas i done wasted alot of money on people. some people i dont even like all that much .. oh well

yellowrider
02-18-2003, 08:56 PM
i got some pacers for my truck .. i like them a whole lot i got them for 1000.00 i get free rotating and balancing also
i thought it was a good deal but ..

i was also leaning towards american racing but the holes werent big enough in the rim

Mitch400EX
02-18-2003, 11:38 PM
Quad then truck.... easy