View Full Version : Question about selling parts

nh591
05-16-2008, 01:13 PM
I'm new to selling things on these forums. These questions are for the guys that are familiar with selling on forums. I am asking just for my protection so I don't get screwed over.

What type of payment do you normally accept?
Do you usually wait til payment was recieved to ship parts?
How do you estimate the shipping costs?

Any info would be helpful!!

I got a ton of parts at home that need to go.

Thanks

dondiesel444
05-16-2008, 02:10 PM
the easiest and fastest way to accept payment and pay for things is PayPal. go to www.paypal.com and sign up and get verified. when buying items on places like e-bay if the seller doesn't accept PayPal I usually won't bother buying from them. be aware that PayPal will take a percentage, I think 3% for their fee, so take that into consideration when pricing your item

you can also accept a money order, but it takes longer for the money order to get to you through the snail mail.

forget about personal checks....

ALWAYS wait to get payment before shipping the item, especially on these forums there are a lot of little punks that will try and screw you.

you can check up on a potential buyer in the feedback forum

to estimate shipping costs, get the potential buyers zip code, and go to www.ups.com and there is a shipping calculater, you enter the zip codes, yours and his, the size of the package and the weight and it will tell you how much it will cost. both FedEx and USPS have shipping calculators as well.

good luck I hop you can make a couple bucks selling your parts here!!