PDA

View Full Version : rear shock from other quad fit ???

widesol
05-16-2008, 11:46 AM
IS there a shock from another bike that will fit a stock 250r rear end

Ruf Racing
04-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Bump!

Master LTR450
04-16-2009, 12:56 PM
you can take a banshee rear shock and bolt it right to your swingarm. Which will then turn your bike into a no-link bike. other then that i doubt there is and if there was it would have to be revalved and everything anyways. Just g\buy a shock meant for your bike

Ruf Racing
04-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Those aftermarket shocks are mighty pricey $$$$.

snacob14
04-16-2009, 01:50 PM
whats the benefit of the banshee shock

Honda 250r 001
04-16-2009, 01:52 PM
thats what i was wondering. hows the ride heigth? travel? anyone swear by this or use it for racing?

Master LTR450
04-16-2009, 02:11 PM
the only benefit i know of would be no linkage so you would have a little more ground clearance. Other then that i cant tell you much about it. If one of you guys want to try it I have a custom axis rear shock i would sell for $150 shipped

04-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Ruf Racing
Those aftermarket shocks are mighty pricey $$$$.

Generally, you get what you pay for when it comes to suspension. If you cheap out and cut corners trying to save a buck, it's probably gonna handle and ride subpar. Your best bet is to have your stock rear shock rebuilt/revalved for your application. There are many companies that do this. I believe C & D Racing is a sponsor of this site. They should be able to hook you up.

factoryX
04-16-2009, 02:27 PM
okay, he can get it revalved, but that was not his question.:rolleyes:

Master LTR450
04-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by factoryX
okay, he can get it revalved, but that was not his question.:rolleyes:

I believe his question has already been answered. Unless you know of another shock that will fit. an aftermarket shock may seem pricey until you buy a shock that "fits" but doesnt. then you need to have it setup for the 250r. not talking just revalved. i mean shaft, bushings everything replaced. in the long run you will look back and say that you should have just bought that expensive aftermarket rear shock.

factoryX
04-16-2009, 03:40 PM
wow really? okay, if the banshee shock is a possible no link setup, you can buy a elka shock meant for a banshee which is for some reason cheaper than the 250r rear elka shock. When i said his question was not answered it was really not answered it was shoved off to the side.

Honda 250r 001
04-16-2009, 03:58 PM
well im thinking there as to be some downfall to this. Like less travel or something. Do you actually run bushings or bearings at the bottom or do you just half *** bolt it on there like people do with the 450r rear shock and the blasty? Or does it actually have one eyeh hole on each end like front shocks do?

04-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by factoryX
wow really? okay, if the banshee shock is a possible no link setup, you can buy a elka shock meant for a banshee which is for some reason cheaper than the 250r rear elka shock. When i said his question was not answered it was really not answered it was shoved off to the side.

Hey way to start **** for no reason. The whole point of a forum is to share ideas and give advice. That's all I did. He doesn't have to do anything I say, it won't bother me any. That was just my opinion.

rigger
04-16-2009, 05:31 PM
I would really like to know more about the Banshee shock option as well. I have posted on this before but know one has ever really replied with a good answer on the subject. As far as I have read, the Banshee shock is the only other shock from another machine that I have heard may work bolted up as a no link set up on a stock frame and stock swing arm. I have read about people doing this before and have seen others mention it here and there but I have not been able to run across anyone that has really tried it to be able to confirm it. So I can't say for sure it rides well or not or if it is really even possible.

I would like to see someone chime in on this who may have a little info on it.

factoryX
04-16-2009, 10:29 PM
as do I, I want more info, not info I already know. this thread was about a question about taking a banshee shock and making it a no link set up on a 250r...How am I starting **** with you when I am pointing out you did not answer his question, you gave him a alternative answer that a lot of people already know. there are no link systems out there, but for the whole set up it is quite spendy. So this pops up as a option people can make a no link system with out spending $$$