PDA

View Full Version : MX Practice in IL

WatersRacing
05-16-2008, 10:56 AM
I currently live in OR, but on Monday I will be driving to IL to do the AMA MX nationals in the A class.
I will be living near our teams shop in Murphysboro. I'm not going to the national next weekend so I need somewhere to practice not far from the shop. If anyone knows of some mx tracks close to that area that would be great. Plus. I'll be looking for some people to ride with next weekend and between each national.

miller821
05-16-2008, 12:49 PM
I know of...

www.southcentralmx.com (Salem, Il) (Supposedly good)

www.splintercreek.com (Fosterburg,Il) (Don't know much about)

www.kcdr.mvn.net (Mount Vernon,Il)
(Gotta pay a membership, but supposedly good)

www.leormc.org (Marion,Il) (I hit this place up, but it's nothin to special.)

I'm about half an hour from Murphysboro, if that... And these are the closest tracks that I know of around here... Now if you want to travel way up further, then there's quite a few good ones up north.

zukirules
05-16-2008, 02:16 PM
come to my practice track haha.

brink400
05-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Theres Paradise MX in duqouin, but I dont think the owner lets people out there very often, and he barely has any races. Theres a few of us around nashville (less then an hour from murphysboro) that try to ride quite a bit so maybe we could all hook up sometime and head out to some of the tracks. I know the track in salem doesnt let anyone practice, the track in mt vernon sucks, the track in marion isnt very good, but its something to ride on. Splinter creek is fun but a haul for you and you have to be a member or invited by a member to ride there. There is a track about 30 min from where you will be but its d-bikes only but we got to hook up to ride out there sometimes...

quad2xtreme
05-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by WatersRacing
I currently live in OR, but on Monday I will be driving to IL to do the AMA MX nationals in the A class.
I will be living near our teams shop in Murphysboro. I'm not going to the national next weekend so I need somewhere to practice not far from the shop. If anyone knows of some mx tracks close to that area that would be great. Plus. I'll be looking for some people to ride with next weekend and between each national.

Which AMA MX National are you planning to attend and where? The one in Walnut, IL is over already.

WatersRacing
05-16-2008, 05:25 PM
guess I should have specified. I will be doing all of the rounds from Unadilla on. Im just going to IL because thats where our team is based out of and thats where our shop is located.