PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with a changing oil issue

arTuReX
05-16-2008, 08:29 AM
Any help will be great!
Ok, so i was changing my oil like i usually do after 2 rides, but this time something happen
So im done taking out the old oil, im about to put the bolt underneat, so before that, i put a little of new oil so it flushes any impurity of the old oil, so as soon as i see no more oil coming down i decided to instead of reaching domn for putting the bolt, this time im gonna put the bike sideways to be more comfortable, .......my horror! the dirtiest grimiest oil i've ever seen starts going out of the right hole, you know the hole were we fill up again!, so i tilted more until nothing come's out, dude! that oil was baaad! like it was never changed!, im in shock, when i read the manual it said that one bolt on the bottom will empty the tranny and the engine, now i feel im missing something here! i thought i was doing a good job, seems that i was NOT! please let me know what im doing wrong in here! i dont wanna ruin my baby! thanks!

Scro
05-16-2008, 08:36 AM
There are two separate drain bolts for the tranny and motor. The motor is on the bottom of the case, probably the one you've been using. The tranny drain bolt is on the side with the rear brake. It's a 10mm bolt (I believe) toward the back of the motor that looks different from the rest of the bolts. It should have a copper washer behind it.

arTuReX
05-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Well that explains it, what i dont understand is that i was using the recomended amounts of oil on each side! oh well next time im gonna do it the right way thanks!

d3ktrix
05-16-2008, 09:11 PM
So u were only draining the engine side but refilling both sides?

Tranny side must of been super over full. lol

arTuReX
05-17-2008, 12:23 AM
thats what i dont understand!

Scro
05-19-2008, 11:27 AM
How have you been checking the level of the oil in the tranny? There is a 10mm bolt just in front of the clutch cover. You take this bolt out, and pour the oil in until it starts running out of this hole. Once it stops running out, put the bolt filler cap back in and you're done. I never even mess with "correct amount" the manual says to put in.

If you've been putting oil in and not taking any out, it's gotta go somewhere:p It could be blowing it out the tranny breather, but you would have known that by now. Only other place for it to go is the other side of the motor, mixing with the motor oil. (Which is very plausible - mine is mixing oil now, and I've been told it is seal on the crank)