PDA

View Full Version : chain won't stay tight

merkaba
05-16-2008, 07:27 AM
Hey all, i have a 1999 Blaster and I can't figure out why my chain keeps getting loose. I have a brand new chain/sprockets on it. At time's the chain will be perfectly tight, and other times it gets so loose i can hear it skipping. I'm almost 100% sure it's something to do with the rear axle moving a little, but i think i've tightened everything possible and not sure what i'm missing. Has anyone ever had this happen? Can people maybe take some pictures of a few angles of the rear axle so i can see exactly what it should look like, so I can tell if i'm missing something. If anyone has any suggestions i'm open to anything. I just want to get it fixed! Thanks!

mdebuck
05-16-2008, 08:20 AM
sounds like your axle bearing are shot dude.

MTDman11
05-16-2008, 08:54 PM
same thing to my firends 300ex, just get some rear bearings before all else fails

ngarbe561
09-25-2008, 10:34 PM
it could be your wheel bearings but mine wont etehr but mine is raced and i beat the living crap out of that thing and it has bent the swing arm and by the pull of the drive side it will physicly twist and bend the swing arm wich causes the bearing carrer to come losse wich results in the losse chain

MTDman11
10-03-2008, 01:55 PM
i realized i had the wrong chain. i got a new vaz chain and sprocket set and it has yet to stretch the chain. my brothers bearing carrier just came loose tho