PDA

View Full Version : Pressing sprocket hub back on to axle

Lynch01ex
05-15-2008, 08:24 PM
Alright guys need some help. I got a new axle carrier. Tore everything apart so i could get everything clean and re-greased. Now im trying to put my axle hub back on the axle and it wont press on tight. The axle is lonestar and so is the hub. Ive tryed beating it on with a hammer and nothing. just making sure im doing everything in the right steps. slide axle hub on to axle, then put the ring on the axle, then press hub back on to axle tight. Does that all sound right? Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks

havinnoj
05-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Are you sure you're doing it the right way? You know that the snap ring sits in the groove and the sprocket is pressed back over the top of it....

So when you say "slide axle hub on to axle" - are you pressing it on the splines past the groove for the snap ring? Do that, put the snap ring on, and press the hub back over the top.

Lynch01ex
05-15-2008, 08:57 PM
ya, doing all that right. Were im running into trouble is were i need to press the hub back over the top. I cant get it to. Any thoughts?
Thanks for your time

havinnoj
05-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Lynch01ex
ya, doing all that right. Were im running into trouble is were i need to press the hub back over the top. I cant get it to. Any thoughts?
Thanks for your time

Is it not going on because the ring is too big or small?

Is the snap ring for holding the antifade the same size? Maybe you're using the wrong one??