PDA

View Full Version : Frame Saver

jd100879
05-15-2008, 06:34 PM
New and improved frame savers will be coming soon. The rollers have been improved and the motor bolt is being made out of a higher quality stainless steel. No more worries about eating up your frames.

Thanks,

jd100879
06-10-2008, 10:59 AM
They are finished and ready to ship.

Thanks,

03sp500
06-10-2008, 01:41 PM
pics? price? info. need input

jd100879
06-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Sorry about that I will try to get some pics up tonight and a description.

Thanks,

hotquads1
06-10-2008, 09:21 PM
We cannot post price per forum rules , but I will be glad to answer any questions you have , feel free to call 334-706-0084
marc

jd100879
06-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Thanks Marc.

For any interest in our products please contact your local dealer or reference our dealers page.

I do have to give credit to Marc @ Hot Quads for his assistance in helping to finalize the design.

A brief description of the New ZTR Frame Saver:

It consists of a roller similar to the chain tensioner roller with the deep grooves that will act as a chain guide. As well as a stainless steel shaft that the roller glides on. The frame saver replaces the bolt in the rear engine mount, preventing the chain from slapping the frame and ultimately devouring it.

Most people experience or have experienced this problem. The end result can be devastating if not taken care of soon enough. As with all of our products the ZTR Frame Saver is made in the USA and I stand behind the quality of our new product.

Sorry the pics will have to come from someone else my camera is not up to par.

Thanks for the support,

jd100879
06-11-2008, 06:13 AM
Here is the next best thing to a photo.

markvette
06-11-2008, 07:57 AM
funny, i was doing something like this over 2 years ago. good someone finally made a better one they can market. i found out when i bought a non eton frame that if you have very much rear travel or run a 520 chain that it will eat into the frame. i used a longer motor mount bolt and bearings from inline skates. they were perfect. the frame i am working on right now for my pit bike project i welded another tab about 2 inches to the right of the motor mount tab where the longer bolt can go through both and it has more support where it wont bend the bolt

Mark

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n246/quaddad1958/100_3059.jpg

jd100879
06-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Mark forgive me if this is a stupid question but your 'bearings for chain' look like they are steel, is your chain suppose to ride on those? :huh

Sure looks like a good spot for a NEW ZTR Frame Saver. :D

markvette
06-11-2008, 06:15 PM
yes they are steel. i tried a roller but the chain chewed it up in 10 minutes. like i said i have used these bearings like this for about 2 years with no failure on the bearings and no damage to the frame. i bet there are still a few still around i done while i was hanging out at billy holts. worked fo me. i like yours better though.

Mark

jd100879
06-11-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by markvette
yes they are steel. i tried a roller but the chain chewed it up in 10 minutes. like i said i have used these bearings like this for about 2 years with no failure on the bearings and no damage to the frame. i bet there are still a few still around i done while i was hanging out at billy holts. worked fo me. i like yours better though.

Mark

Glad I wasn't losing my mind about the chain riding on the steel bearings.

Thanks for the compliment also.

miniquad
06-13-2008, 06:05 PM
This is a frame I just gusseted for a friend and a chain roller added.
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x206/miniquad/framegussets002.jpg
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x206/miniquad/framegussets001.jpg
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x206/miniquad/framegussets003.jpg
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x206/miniquad/framegussets004.jpg
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x206/miniquad/framegussets005.jpg
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x206/miniquad/framegussets006.jpg

hotquads1
06-16-2008, 09:02 AM
Mark , that looks like it works well but I am afraid the ATVA rules will not allow us to weld on anything but gussetts, and still run in the production classes, but for non ATVA use I think it is good idea.
marc

ecmini1
06-17-2008, 07:49 AM
Mini, are you sure you did the frame work or did the guys at ECP?

wvspeedfreak
06-20-2008, 05:55 PM
Just installed the ZTR frame saver on Austins quad.Very nice quality just like the chain tensioners.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/wvspeedfreak/framesaver.jpg

jd100879
06-20-2008, 06:39 PM
Wow, that looks nice there wvspeedfreak!!! That is going on the website! Great picture! :D

It feels good to see your products in action and someone benefiting from all the hours spent developing and manufacturing.

On another note it has been brought to my attention that the New ZTR Frame Saver is not as universal as was planned. This will not bolt up on every mini much to my dismay (a fix is coming). The downfall is the distance the chain is from the motor mount. For example an Apex with a slipper clutch the chain hits the slope or groove of the roller instead of the middle. The distance is very slight but slight or not it may cause a problem and that is the last thing you or I want to happen.

For the majority of the bikes the grooved roller will work but like I say there is a fix coming it will take about 3 weeks so bear with me. I stand behind my product 100% that is why I am bringing this up on the forum. I would rather let everyone know right off the bat than try to cover it up.

Thanks for your support and thanks again wvspeedfreak for the great pic!

wvspeedfreak
06-20-2008, 07:35 PM
No problem.Thanks for making high quality parts and standing behind them!Here are a couple pics of your chain tensioner in action.Feel free to use them if you want.I probably have some better ones if I dig through some more pics......I will see what I can come up with.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/wvspeedfreak/fs21.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/wvspeedfreak/fs24.jpg

jd100879
06-20-2008, 09:11 PM
wvspeedfreak I will be looking forward to those pics. Very good looking pics.

Thanks,

neveready
06-20-2008, 11:09 PM
Just received our stock of the new frame savers today. We have been using the old design for awhile with no problems, Yet James still made improvments, based on a fraction of a percent of concerns. This says alot about the quality of these products. We are happy to use, promote, and sell them. Keep up the good work James!!!

jd100879
06-23-2008, 06:51 AM
Guys and Gals,

I apologize but I have imposed a RECALL on the New ZTR Frame Saver.

The rollers are being improved once again. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Sorry for the inconvenience and hassle.

Thanks,

BradLoomis
06-24-2008, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by jd100879
Guys and Gals,

I apologize but I have imposed a RECALL on the New ZTR Frame Saver.

The rollers are being improved once again. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Sorry for the inconvenience and hassle.

Thanks,

James,
You will never have to apologize for a recall if you are always trying to improve a product. A quality company is one that will do a recall to make their product even better for consumers as products get refined to a better product through time.
Keep up the outstanding work!

BACKWOODSBOYZ
06-24-2008, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by BradLoomis
James,
You will never have to apologize for a recall if you are always trying to improve a product. A quality company is one that will do a recall to make their product even better for consumers as products get refined to a better product through time.
Keep up the outstanding work!

I AGREE %100

jd100879
06-24-2008, 07:35 AM
Brad and Mike I really appreciate your comments. I have been very concerned about how people would react to the recall. To say the least I have been very embarrassed to put out a sub-par product. I was in such a rush to get the new rollers out to everyone that I didn't take the time needed to test. I knew how well the new Chain Tensioner roller was holding up over the old white roller and I expected the same to be true with the new 'black' frame saver roller.

All in all this has taught me a very important lesson, test and re-test before going to market. ZTR Products is here to put out the best product possible. We will continue to keep improving the products just as we have done with the ZTR Chain Tensioner. The Tensioner continues to improve thanks to the feedback from those in the field. Really, the lifeblood of ZTR is the feedback from everyone, positive or negative. If you see an improvement that needs to be made don't hesitate to call me, I would love to hear how to improve because ultimately everyone will benefit.

Thanks to everyone for the support and feedback,

hotquads1
06-24-2008, 08:25 AM
James you have a downright brutal testing staff ( all of those sponsored riders listed at the bottom of your post) If a product can be broken thes boys can do it! If product can stand up to the demands of these national racers you can be assured the majority of the market will have very good results. Thanks for your interest and enthusiasm for bringing us new innovative products , you have been very proffessional and your customer service is second to none. We are also proud to represent your products to the market.
marc

jd100879
07-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Just a quick update for everyone.

Some of the 'brutal testing staff' will be testing the new frame savers this weekend at the PVR National!!! I'm looking forward to seeing if we have the right combination this time around. As soon as I know I will be posting the results and how soon the ZTR Frame Savers will be available.

Thanks to everyone for the support and bearing with me through the growing pains.

Thanks,

dblacks
07-08-2008, 06:55 AM
No apoligies needed for making sure things are right!!

This group of Dads now too well that it is easy to waste $ in this sport and when we spend $ on a quaity product that someone stands behind it is well worth it!!

jd100879
07-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by dblacks
No apoligies needed for making sure things are right!!

This group of Dads now too well that it is easy to waste $ in this sport and when we spend $ on a quaity product that someone stands behind it is well worth it!!

You are absolutely right!!! I want people to feel confident that when they buy ZTR Products parts they are buying the highest quality possible. Because what is the point in producing something if it's just so-so, right?

I had a clever thought but due to the present mental lapse it is but a memory.

Thanks again,

jd100879
07-15-2008, 09:28 AM
Well, the brutal testing staff has once again succeeded in destroying the frame saver rollers. So we are back to the drawing board for another go around. If anyone has a suggestion feel free to contact me, I am all ears.

We are going to try some special formulations in the coming weeks. I will keep everyone posted on the results.

Thanks,

etondaddy
07-15-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm sure you'll get it buddy.......were you guys at PVR ??

Mike Kozura

jd100879
07-15-2008, 11:08 AM
No, but we will be at Loretta Lynn's!!! I am looking forward to that. Mike will I get to see your smiling face down there?

etondaddy
07-15-2008, 11:28 AM
No...... the two PA Nationls is all we do.....

Mike Kozura

markvette
07-15-2008, 02:22 PM
thats why i just use the bearing. when i made my home made one a couple of years ago i tried rollers and they would not last. i never had a problem with just the bearings. first one i made i used bearings out of a old pair of roller blades my son had.

Mark

jd100879
07-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Well, good news and bad news. Good news is the ZTR Frame Saver past the test this past weekend. Bad news is the ZTR Frame Savers won't be available to the dealers for another week or 2.

Manufacturing will begin this week and will be shipped to the dealers first part of next week. But as usually we will continue to work on improving the rollers. My goal is to have a roller that will last all season, this is what we will be working toward.

Just to remind everyone out there, if you have an idea for a product or an improvement feel free to contact me by phone or email. ZTR was established by listening to the racer.

Thanks all,

jd100879
07-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Good news the 'NEW' ZTR Frame Savers will start shipping out to dealers tomorrow.

Thanks all,