PDA

View Full Version : These frames suck!

MX450
05-15-2008, 04:45 PM
I just had a bare gusset kit put on my frame and had it pced and i noticed today i have a crack right above the upper motor mount... do you guys think i should get a new frame or what? this pisses me off!

Pappy
05-15-2008, 04:47 PM
strip the cracked area, weld it, touch it up.

this winter gert a new frame if needed and sell off the old one....this is what most have been doing for the past few years!

Modifly
05-17-2008, 05:03 AM
theres alot of guys over here who say gueest kits cause the cracks as the frame has a certain amount of flex in it and when a gueest kit is installed it dosnt let it flex as much causing cracks. I dont run a gueest kit and i havent had any. (touch wood) :D

laeger2fiddyr
05-17-2008, 07:54 AM
good old junc production frames!!!! try to get a gusset kit with only a few gussets. i think the more gussets u put in the more probs u have w/ them.

05-17-2008, 08:48 AM
shock mount gussets would always be a good palce to have them though. I saw a guy this week that cased a landing and cracked those rails above the shock mounts

kbass24emtp
05-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Just about every frame will crack if you race or ride hard. I've had to weld my frame a few times. I've welded cracks by the upper engine mount twice now. My take on gussets are, that if you make it stronger in one place it will crack somewhere else. Without the gussets, I know where to look for cracks and I just weld the cracks.

4bidden
05-17-2008, 01:54 PM
If you dont' feel like dealing with it then there is a 3 ride old Lonestar frame for sale on here from r3concepts. I'm sure he'll make you a deal on it, just PM him.

I run a Lonestar gusseted frame and have never had a problem until I cracked my subframe, which then cracked my main frame. If it wasn't for the subframe my main would still be perfect. And that is after about 2 hard MX seasons.

R3Concepts
05-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by 4bidden
If you dont' feel like dealing with it then there is a 3 ride old Lonestar frame for sale on here from r3concepts. I'm sure he'll make you a deal on it, just PM him.

I run a Lonestar gusseted frame and have never had a problem until I cracked my subframe, which then cracked my main frame. If it wasn't for the subframe my main would still be perfect. And that is after about 2 hard MX seasons.

Thanks Kind Sir.

I have a 3 ride old LSR TRX frame for sale with Pro Armor Pro Pegs if you are interested.

DJJ450r
05-17-2008, 02:48 PM
i sent my frame to dirtworks motorsports and havent had any problems since, they weld their gussets so the frame can still flex:macho

pro-rider46
05-17-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
i sent my frame to dirtworks motorsports and havent had any problems since, they weld their gussets so the frame can still flex:macho

i think that all of them are welded in, i dont think anyone uses jb welds anything or uses bubble gum, lol.

ohsobad_chevy
05-17-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
i think that all of them are welded in, i dont think anyone uses jb welds anything or uses bubble gum, lol.

He meant positioning of the gusset, not the means in which they are attached. ;)

MX450
05-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by R3Concepts
Thanks Kind Sir.

I have a 3 ride old LSR TRX frame for sale with Pro Armor Pro Pegs if you are interested.

I cant get an aftermarket frame cause i run production classes

R3Concepts
05-18-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by MX450
I cant get an aftermarket frame cause i run production classes

Well that sucks. Looks like you will have to buy and gusset another stocker.