PDA

View Full Version : time to rebuild help

hypersnyper6947
05-14-2008, 10:15 PM
So i just got my new 440 wiseco big bore kit. I already have a 440 so my new sleeve should fit right in. I was wondering if anybody knew of a good place to send my cylinder or if just any old machine shop should be able to do it. Also do i have to send them my piston as well to match it with the sleeve or something?

I know that i should get heavy duty head studs, but i think i may already have them... how can i tell if mine are stock or heavy duty?

Any other suggestions or advice?

DementeD
05-14-2008, 10:30 PM
any machine shop should be more then qualified to bore/hone ur sleeve..take them ur piston and rings.

idk about headstuds..maybe google/images some stock ones and hd ones to compare?

hypersnyper6947
05-15-2008, 01:07 PM
So i decided that i am going to send my jug to gt thunder to put in my heavy duty head studs, he is also going to do my re sleeve also. I bought my clymer manual so i am ready to go. Thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way. I will keep you guys posted.

Honda#4
05-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Good Luck, what else do you plan on doing to the motor?

hypersnyper6947
05-16-2008, 02:35 AM
I think thats it for now on the motor. I have a rev box a stage 2 hotcam, full exhaust, aluminum intake box, k&n filter, lectron carb and i think thats it. I may do a stroker kit later but i dont know what else i could do besides that.