PDA

View Full Version : Concussion Symptoms?

jesseweaver
05-14-2008, 07:41 PM
what are the symptoms of a concussion, like what do you see, and how long will it hurt and stuff?

TrapZ400
05-14-2008, 07:45 PM
http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/common/standard/transform.jsp?requestURI=/healthatoz/Atoz/ency/concussion.jsp

KXRida
05-14-2008, 07:50 PM
all depends where you hit your head. If you hit it towards the back, you may get blurred vision, nausa, and ringing of the ears. Towards the front you may have some short term memory loss and confusion. Either way you're still probably going to have a nice headache, maybe be sick, and blurred vision.

jesseweaver
05-14-2008, 08:11 PM
we were riding behind our house and i decided to get on this crazy wild horse that our neighbors had (actually it was my friends idea) and i fell off the back. i was sitting there and remembered falling off the back, my friends said i got up and took about 3 steps and dropped then sat up about 5 seconds later. i remember non of that, and my head didnt hurt at first, i got kicked in the theigh and that killed. i felt really dizzy, had blurred vision, threw up and was really pale and felt really sick, and through all this time my head didnt hurt for about 10 mins then it did and now its killed ever since. my friends heard the crack of the horses foot on my helmet, which i was still wearing cause we were just riding. normally i wouldnt waer a helmet if i was just jumping on a horse but im so lucky i did. they dont know where it hit but theres a big scratch and chip taken out near my right ear.

what should you do about a concussion? doctor? this was sunday night and ive had a bad headache ever since.

05-14-2008, 08:43 PM
I get concussions normally at least 1 time a year. Doc just says to have some one check on me once in a while to make sure I’m ok. Reason to check is for seizures or if you for get who you are cause just all of a sudden you can totally for get who and where you are out of no where which never happen to me. Doc always has me cat scanned for blood on my brain or swelling. My last one I had last fall screwed with me for 3 months from sept to dec. I would get head aches some times for no reason and some times feel like I was going to faint and was floating and would all of a sudden not be able to think and would just keep saying what? What? What? lol. I gess my face would turn red when I couldnt think. And that lasted 3 months!!!

05-14-2008, 08:47 PM
One time every thing was spinning for a good hour I could not see any thing I had to look down at the floor so I could see where I was going cause I knew the color of the floor.

Nick110
05-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by bajaracer21
I get concussions normally at least 1 time a year. Doc just says to have some one check on me once in a while to make sure I’m ok. Reason to check is for seizures or if you for get who you are cause just all of a sudden you can totally for get who and where you are out of no where which never happen to me. Doc always has me cat scanned for blood on my brain or swelling. My last one I had last fall screwed with me for 3 months from sept to dec. I would get head aches some times for no reason and some times feel like I was going to faint and was floating and would all of a sudden not be able to think and would just keep saying what? What? What? lol. I gess my face would turn red when I couldnt think. And that lasted 3 months!!!

Ahhhh and now it all makes sense.

WatersRacing
05-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Enless you have other damage to your brain or head there isn't much a doctor can do other than monitor it. I would recommend getting an MRI though with those symptoms.
I'm healing from a crash that along with other things included a level 2 concussion. Unconscious for about 5 minutes. No memory for about a 6 hour period. For a few days if I sat up I would throw up. After that got dizzy every time I went from laying down to standing up and the other way too. When I try and concentrate on any kind of work I would get dizzy. Especially the computer at first.

KXRida
05-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by bajaracer21
One time every thing was spinning for a good hour I could not see any thing I had to look down at the floor so I could see where I was going cause I knew the color of the floor.

known as vertigo. That sucks!

The main reason for going to a hospital as most have said is the check for brain swelling or bleeding. If you're still getting bad headaches, I'd consider seeking help.

Kickstarts-suck
05-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
Ahhhh and now it all makes sense.

lmao thats what I was thinking :p

redrocker
05-15-2008, 01:43 PM
if you start liking guys thats a sure
bet you have banged your head :)

05-15-2008, 02:36 PM
I think its dialated pupils and you will feel nauses and your head will hurt a bit. You can become dizzy and throwup. Go to the hospitol if its bad cause i had to pull a few nighters for bad ones lol they had to monitor me so my heart wouldnt stop or something like that idk

eastcoastpro20
05-15-2008, 03:29 PM
ive had 6
my last one was during a race it was severe i couldnt remember how i got to the track or that i had ever raced before or that it was a track, i was also unconcious for about 30 seconds and couldnt walk.
But all that aside a doctor cant do anything all they do is give you an mri to make sure theres no swellin or bleeding if theres not then you not supposed to do anything that could cause injury for about 2 weeks.

HtFoxChick
05-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Seen this a time or two with the boys..

There isn't a whole lot you can do unless you've been knocked out for a good length of time. Then you would probably have to spend a night in the hospital for observation. But yours doesn't sound like it was that bad.

You should tho take it easy for at least a week. Your brain had some trama and it needs to heal itself.

KXRida
05-16-2008, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
I think its dialated pupils and you will feel nauses and your head will hurt a bit. You can become dizzy and throwup. Go to the hospitol if its bad cause i had to pull a few nighters for bad ones lol they had to monitor me so my heart wouldnt stop or something like that idk

If you hit the back of your head, your impact goes straight to the primary visual cortex, which controls all of your vision. If you hit the front of your head, you impact the prefrontal cortex which is responsible or working memory recall/problem solving, etc. If you hit the sides of your head, you impact the auditiory cortex, and as you could guess, that's where the ringing in your ears comes from. If you have all of the above, you took a pretty good head smashing.

And you before you guys ask how I know all this stuff, that's what I go to school for...