PDA

View Full Version : ac racing skidplate

embler
05-14-2008, 06:41 PM
just got one today for my '00 warrior and was wondering what bolt goes where. it didn't come with instructions and it has a few spacers, different size bolts and 2 plates. I haven't had a chance to size it up yet as my warrior isn't at my place. any helpful tips would be great

54warrior
06-11-2008, 10:52 AM
It bolts on in the same fashion as the stocker. Just mess with it till you figure it out.

FWIW... I had an AC skidplate for awhile...that is until the bends cracked and it bent all to heck. It was the worst investment I've mad on my quad. Needless to say, it's since been replaced with a quality PRM Products skidplate and I will not ever purchase anything from AC again. I've been highly disappointed in their nerfbars as well, a friend has had two sets on his 250R and both were junk.

You might also note that unless AC has changed their design, you'll have to take a grinder and notch the bottom portion of it so that you can access the lower grease zerk for the shock linkage. Otherwise you have to remove the plate any time you want to grease the linkage, which should be quite often!!

Hope you have better luck than I did.

embler
06-11-2008, 07:53 PM
lol, I got it on. it had 4 bolts like the stocker and 2 towards the front than clamped down. mine doesn't cover the grease fitting. I've had no problems so far with it and I've banged it up pretty good. just a couple of scratches, nothing major. thanks though