PDA

View Full Version : Axle Inner and Outer lock Nuts - Won't Get OUT!

X400EX
05-14-2008, 06:04 PM
Hi all,

I've been trying to replace my stock axle by the new RPM dominator II I just received.

Now, I'm stock with these inner and outer lock nuts moving but not getting out :

- I have removed the stopper ring, so the whole thing is moving but not getting out;

- I can remove the inner lock nut, but just on the caliper's side?

- If I loose or tight the outer lock nut, it will stop after a few turns.

I really don't know what's going on now, can someone help me out?

Thank you very much,

John

NacsMXer
05-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Sounds like the threaded sleeve that the axle nut rides on is stripped out. This happened to me when trying to replace a swingarm. I got lucky though, after some continual turning back and forth, somehow it backed off.

Not much you can do other than trying to pry on it while turning it, or cutting it off (this would have been my last resort). Do yourself a favor after you get it off, throw that POS in the trash and get yourself a RAD locknut.....that's what I did and haven't had a problem since ;)

Wheelie
05-14-2008, 07:46 PM
It took me 2 hours of cutting to get the stock lucknut assembly of my quad, ended up damaging the stock axle in the process.

In my case, the inner lock bolt had rusted to the axle and was a PITA to remove. As Nacs said, buy an aftermarket anti-fade locknut when it's all said and done.

X400EX
05-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Well, thank you all for your help.

I finally got it, I was just not prying enought. I tought it would strip but it got out right away. :)

Thank you again, I appreciate.