PDA

View Full Version : dead in the water

chopshopcustoms
05-13-2008, 11:58 PM
yet one more problem with the outlaw. Seems as if every time I have to cross any kind of water or stream, the outlaw stops dead in its tracks. As if I hit the kill switch. Won't restart for a couple of minutes then out of the blue it fires right up as if nothing happened. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Could it have something to do with were the coil is located on the machine?
really like the machine but these crazy querks are driving me nuts and motivating me to start looking back to the reliable Honda TRX's.
Anyone with any ideas or experiences with this?

Chris525
05-14-2008, 04:46 AM
this has never happened to me but it sounds like your getting water into a electrical connection get some dielectric grease and put some inside every connection including in your spark plug boot this repels water

chopshopcustoms
05-14-2008, 09:21 AM
thanks will try going on trip this weekend. Hate to pass all my friends in the ruts because they bottom out. Then to have them pass me through the puttles! I'll try that one!

Evasiveone
05-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Underneath your front cowel there are 2 sets of wires that do not connect to anything. One is a red wire that can be used for accessories.

The second one has 2 wires that go into a brown or black connector. This is the prewired setup for a tether kill switch. If this gets wet it will kill the quad and not want to restart till it is dry. Fill the connection with grease and really tape it off well to make it waterproof.

I bet this will solve your water problem.

redrocker
05-15-2008, 01:41 PM
when i first got my raptor it did that
it turned out being water was getting
in the key switch plug so I hard wired
it and that fixed it
hope this helps

outlaw450mxr
05-18-2008, 04:49 PM
my 450 can go through like a foot deep of water and still run and turn back on if i turn it off, but as soon as i hit a puddle and turn it off it wont turn back on for a while. go figure, haha.