PDA

View Full Version : pro design kill switch wiring help and other wiring

tdw0628
05-13-2008, 07:11 PM
ok i want to add a prodesign kill switch to my ex can i jsut connect it to the two wires i cut off the key that i have to plug in when i want to ride it now?? and second to get rid of the light switches can i just cut them and tape them up or do they have to b wired together for other parts to work?? third i picked up a dirt bike kill switch i want to use as my starter button it has three wires i think one is a ground it has lil washer on the end can i jsut wire it up to the old starter button and fourth lol what do i do with the old slide stlye kill switch

tdw0628
05-14-2008, 06:39 PM
anyone??? please any help at all would b great

bwamos
05-15-2008, 05:50 AM
No you can't connect it to the key switch wires. That requires a normally open. The ProDesign is a normally closed switch.

You find the 12v wire leading to the ignition coil. Trim back a 1/4 section of the insulation somewhere on the wire. Do not cut the wire.

Solder plunger side wire from the kill switch to the 12v coil wire. Wrap new connection with electrical tape.

Attach the wire coming from the kill switch base to chassis ground. I like to crimp/solder it to an "O" style connector then use a chassis bolt to ground it.

Make sure you attach it to the bars first then run the wires. Can be a pain to snake the switch through everything to get back up to the bars if you don't.

Hope that helps.

tdw0628
05-15-2008, 07:55 PM
i ordered it from rocky mountain and it says its normally open