PDA

View Full Version : mounting atv tires.

MTDman11
05-13-2008, 05:39 PM
ok so i got a 300ex with stock tires. i was going through "death mountains" pond and slashe a huge gash in my tire. i dont want to pay 20 dollars a tire but how do i get the damn thing off and puit the new back on.

mittman
05-13-2008, 10:42 PM
i just cut mine off with a dremel

the Z Man
05-14-2008, 06:45 AM
Go to a Walmart, should be about 5 bucks.

mcwilly
05-14-2008, 07:31 AM
When I got my wheels powdercoated, I took all 4 up to Discount tire. They charged me $10 to pull the tires off all 4 wheels.

MTDman11
05-14-2008, 04:53 PM
i called multiple motorsports places around me and car repair shops. they all wanted between 20-35 dollars per tire yes per tire. so i used wire cutters then a dremmel to get the bead as we did on an old blaster. i put the new tires on the rim with a ratchet cargo strap thing that u crank. i put about 80 psi in the damn tire and the bead wont set!!!!!!! on both sides its about there but just a section wont set on. help???/

b4wheeler
05-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Harbor Freight has a bead breaker for about $80. Four tires and it has paid for itself. I used a buddies and it worked great.
That and two or three big screw drivers or pry bars and you can get the job done...

Have you ever thought to ask what they would charge just to break the beads????

mittman
05-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by MTDman11
i called multiple motorsports places around me and car repair shops. they all wanted between 20-35 dollars per tire yes per tire. so i used wire cutters then a dremmel to get the bead as we did on an old blaster. i put the new tires on the rim with a ratchet cargo strap thing that u crank. i put about 80 psi in the damn tire and the bead wont set!!!!!!! on both sides its about there but just a section wont set on. help???/

did you put some dishliquid on it? i just cant beleve that it didnt set if there was about 80psi mine was around 35psi

jeminiii6
05-18-2008, 08:06 PM
if you let out most of the air out of the tires and do it carefully, you can drive on the tire with your car (carefully) to break the bead..just be careful not to scratch your rim or bend it somehow by driving on it..just get the car tire over atv tire..it will work to break beads for free

sideways
05-18-2008, 08:57 PM
find a friend with a log splitter....... doesnt matter if its a big gas powered hydraulic or a little electric one.
works great, thats how i do mine, but i have my own log splitter..... big gas powered log splitter:devil:

mittman
05-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by sideways
find a friend with a log splitter....... doesnt matter if its a big gas powered hydraulic or a little electric one.
works great, thats how i do mine, but i have my own log splitter..... big gas powered log splitter:devil:

never thought of that ill have to try that on mine