PDA

View Full Version : Coolant change

Honda_Matt
05-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Just a quick question on changing the coolant, I dont have a service manual and searched and didnt really find anything that answered me.

I changed my coolant to engine ice, I removed the radiator cap, removed the water pump cover and hose.

Let all the coolant drain out, tilted the bike on its side to make sure there was none left in places. I drained the reservoir.

Then, I tighted the hoses and the water pump cover back up, filled the radiator with engine ice until it was full, also filled the reservoir partially.

I squeezed the hoses trying to remove air bubbles, started the bike and let it idle for a few minutes with the radiator cap off, continuing to squeeze the hoses every couple of minutes to release trapped air bubbles, until the radiator and hoses started to warm up.

I then shut off the engine, re-installed the radiator cap (radiator still full of engine ice) and filled the reservoir to the full mark.

I let it run for 5-10 minutes, both inlet and outlet hoses warmed up and the radiator also.

Is that all correct? Did I miss anything?

I just wanted to make sure there wasnt any other steps, like bleeding it other than burping the hoses.

Honda_Matt
05-14-2008, 08:16 AM
:bandit: Nobody?

Im guessing it's all correct then.