PDA

View Full Version : Greasing Carrier

liljhall09
05-13-2008, 01:13 PM
what would i use to grease my carrier ... heres a pic ...

liljhall09
05-13-2008, 01:13 PM
i get how the rubber tabs pull off but wht do i use to put grease in there , do they make a special grease tool ?

400exMO
05-13-2008, 01:29 PM
The grease goes on the inside of the carrier between the carrier and axle. I do not see any grease zerks in your picture so you will probably have to pull the axle and pump the carrier up with grease.
The rubber peices you were talking about pulling out, is there any grease zerks behind them? If so just get a grease gun and pump it up.

TRXRacer1
05-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by liljhall09
i get how the rubber tabs pull off but wht do i use to put grease in there , do they make a special grease tool ? Greasing under those tabs won't do anything for your bearings. If you don't see a zerk fitting then you'll have to pull it apart like MO said. I have a RAD carrier and there is a zerk fitting on the sprocket side of the carrier.

mooseracerX
05-13-2008, 06:54 PM
^^^ Yeah you will probably have to pull the axle out and grease it like the others said. Pretty soon I'm going to be ordering a Motoquad swinger that is all open in the back so it will be EASY to grease the barrings.