PDA

View Full Version : yoshimura rs7 pipe - is it worth it

mak400ex
05-13-2008, 09:56 AM
does anyone know or is running the yoshimura rs7 full system

i got a deal going - thinking about buying it, $250 full system

putting it on a 2006 450r

are they good pipes - compared to ?

i have searched the forums and found that everybody favors what they have just wanting some input and if its a good deal ?

thanks

8my_Cash
05-13-2008, 11:36 AM
for the price thats a pretty decent deal

and for comparing its all in what you want out of the pipe. yoshi makes some quality products. Im not a fan of them because i like different companies but i have nothing against the company.

I say you should buy it see if you like the pipe and then maybe make your own assumption about the pipe....the best is just to try it because of the price and the fact everyone has a different opinion on them.

they are name brand known for their work with suzuki and my friend has one and swears by it. they are good compared to most top brands out there. there are definitly some that produce better HP numbers and TQ numbers but with that comes a higher price.

all in all i think you should get it because 250 for a full system is a pretty damn good price. hey if you dont like it just sell it on here or ebay to someone else that might want it :D

...just my two cents

mak400ex
05-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by 8my_Cash
for the price thats a pretty decent deal

and for comparing its all in what you want out of the pipe. yoshi makes some quality products. Im not a fan of them because i like different companies but i have nothing against the company.

I say you should buy it see if you like the pipe and then maybe make your own assumption about the pipe....the best is just to try it because of the price and the fact everyone has a different opinion on them.

they are name brand known for their work with suzuki and my friend has one and swears by it. they are good compared to most top brands out there. there are definitly some that produce better HP numbers and TQ numbers but with that comes a higher price.

all in all i think you should get it because 250 for a full system is a pretty damn good price. hey if you dont like it just sell it on here or ebay to someone else that might want it :D

...just my two cents

Now thats some good input - thanks man - yeah for the $ i didnt think i could go wrong,
thanks

flowmasterz
05-13-2008, 12:15 PM
for that price buy it and try it if its in good shape put it on ebay it will sell in a second if u dont like it.

BlaineKaiser450
05-13-2008, 07:01 PM
i like that pipe. A lot of my riding friends have it and its pretty good IMO

05-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Hey I don't know if you have a hrc kit or not but that yoshi pipe and a hrc kit would really wake up that thing. The hrc kit on the new ones has a header pipe like your year but for my 04 it was just a cam and airbox lid but I ended up getting a full pipe but anyways the hrc kit is a hugh difference for the price. Oh and for your question that is a great price for a full yoshi if its in good shape I say get it.

mak400ex
05-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Thanks for everyones input - pipe is on its way

cant wait:D

MossboysRacing
05-14-2008, 04:43 PM
i've got the rs-7 slip on with the 06 hrc kit (w/headpipe). love the exhaust, yoshi has some of the better fit and finish pipes out there, hardly any problems with pop rivets coming apart and stuff like that. for that amount of money you cant go wrong.

Vade
05-14-2008, 05:38 PM
I like them they sound mean

mak400ex
05-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by MossboysRacing
i've got the rs-7 slip on with the 06 hrc kit (w/headpipe). love the exhaust, yoshi has some of the better fit and finish pipes out there, hardly any problems with pop rivets coming apart and stuff like that. for that amount of money you cant go wrong.

thanks for the reply MossboysRacing,

yeah HRC kit looking into - did you put your pipe on before you put the HRC kit in ? just wondering where i should start on jetting ? will have the yosh full sys. and k&n filter - lid on or off?

thanks

BlaineKaiser450
05-15-2008, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by mak400ex
thanks for the reply MossboysRacing,

yeah HRC kit looking into - did you put your pipe on before you put the HRC kit in ? just wondering where i should start on jetting ? will have the yosh full sys. and k&n filter - lid on or off?

thanks since according to your sig you have an 06, try a 165 main and someone els can help with the other jets because im not too familiar with 06 carbs

woodsracer882
05-15-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm currently running the rs-7 on my 07r. I like it pretty well. It's held up better than alot of exhaust I have run in the past. I think you'll be happy with it.

mak400ex
05-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Cool... that where i will start - thanks

Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
since according to your sig you have an 06, try a 165 main and someone els can help with the other jets because im not too familiar with 06 carbs

MossboysRacing
05-15-2008, 09:02 PM
i put the hrc and yoshi on at the same time. using the hrc jets and needle that came in the hrc kit, runs perfect.

mak400ex
05-19-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by MossboysRacing
i put the hrc and yoshi on at the same time. using the hrc jets and needle that came in the hrc kit, runs perfect.

Cool - thanks - i am thinking about a 165 main and a needle for starters,

mak400ex
05-27-2008, 11:35 AM
heres the pipe...... ya it is after i polished it :D - sounds awesome, running a sparks filter- open lid and a crf needle clip in the middle, w/ a 165 main jet. sound about right ? - runs out good i get a little cut out at the very high end - not bad thou.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s301/mikody/P5255679.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s301/mikody/P5255649.jpg