•Other ATV Events will be posted on our website
•Dirt Bikes and UTV’s are welcome to participate in events

Sunday
•Poker Run $20.00
Registration opens at 10am
Groups will leave at 1pm
Dinner will be served as groups return
•Food will be on sale prior to groups departing for the run
•ATVs, UTVs, and Dirt bikes: All are welcome!

Community Events:
•Saturday Night: Stock Car races at Roaring Knob Raceway
•Monday: AMA/D5 Motocross at Roaring Knob
Visit www.roaringknob.com/index.php for race times and fees

Welcome to all ATV’s, Dirt Bikes, and UTV’s.

Helmets are required! There will be absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS.

For more information visit us at www.qcol.net/marclayems
Or contact us at 724-329-1314 or email us at heather@savagedesigns.biz
20 minutes from Deep Creek, MD!

savagedesigns
05-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Marclay Community Ambulance is a non-profit ambulance service. In addition to our 24/7 emergency service we do a lot of community and surrounding area events. Most of which we donate our time and employees. This is why we hold an ATV weekend every year. This weekend event helps us raise money to continue to do those events and provide other free service to community(s) members. For anyone who has been to QuadFest, Marclay is the ambulance service provider. You’ll see our employees there all weekend. I personally worked on Saturday afternoon to Sunday night. I would have given anything to take the ambulance’s Rhino through the mud bog. But I did have to show some restraint and watch.

A little bit about our ATV weekend!

Anyone who would like to come in on Friday night (starting around 5pm) can come in a camp for free. We do not charge anyone to come in and camp or to even watch the Saturday events. The only fee’s you will have are for food (Saturday all day and Sunday prior to the Poker Run), participation fees for Saturday (we do pay out to the winners), and the run fee for the Poker Run on Sunday.

Saturday’s events will pay a 50/50 out to the winner of each class and or event.

Sunday’s Poker Run: Poker hands will be drawn by participants as they return from the ride. (This way everyone can enjoy the ride and not worry about their cards) Participants will receive door prize tickets; we will be giving tons of stuff away. We will have a grand prize for the poker hand winner. Last years grand prize was 4 tickets to the Pittsburgh Pirates home game donated by Savage Designs. Not to mention the free dinner for the poker run participants. Our cook comes all the way from Baltimore, Maryland just to cook for us.

Marclay EMS doesn’t own any of the property that we will trail ride or hold the events on. Our community has been very “welcoming” to the ATV weekend and the people who attend. We ask that all attendees keep this in mind during the weekend. We will use a few of the local farmer’s fields to get from trail to trail and we will also cross route 40 and route 26. We will be using Cross Country trail markers, just in case anyone gets separated from the group. Our ride is about 4 ½ to 5 hours long. It depends on which group you go out with. We have the following groups: mud, fast, and moderate. We don’t have a beginners group because our area doesn’t give us that option. Our trails are not for beginners. Anyone who trail rides will enjoy the ride. We’ve had GNCC guys go out on their own leading a fast group and they only had one suggestion, “more arrows”. Which we have corrected, we use close to 400 arrows and markers on the trails.

Mud Buddies: We have had rain for 3 weeks on and off. So we have lots of mud to play in. You might want to bring extra cloths for the ride home, because we get muddy.

UTV’s: I have taken my Rhino for the last 2 years and I haven’t had a problem. The only problem I’ve had is the clean up after. Last year I had to remove the seats to scoop out the mud from inside the “box” the seat is attached too. Check out the pictures on photo bucket to see what I’m talking about. http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff120/marclayems/Poker%20Runs/family109.jpg

If happen to forget something at home don’t worry we have a local Yamaha shop 2 minutes down the road. They’ll also be there on Sunday, at the poker run, just incase you need something.

I’m sure I forgotten something but if you have any questions please email me; I’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible.
heather@savagedesigns.biz

Since we can be a little hard to find, I thought a map might help.

<iframe width="300" height="300" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&amp;t=h&amp;s=AARTsJqzARj-Z8VnW5pkPMLMmZbqrJcYpw&amp;ll=39.765336,-79.465742&amp;spn=0.004948,0.006437&amp;z=16&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&amp;t=h&amp;ll=39.765336,-79.465742&amp;spn=0.004948,0.006437&amp;z=16&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

savagedesigns
05-25-2008, 06:40 PM
I'd like to thank everyone who attened the poker run. We had a good turn out. Everyone must have liked the new trails we used because we have been asked to do one on Labor Day Weekend.

We're going to see what is going on Labor Day Weekend. If we're doing a poker run for Labor Day I'll will let everyine know.

Once again Thanks to everyone who attend