PDA

View Full Version : Im lost, ran perfect one day wont fire the next, HELP!!

flowmasterz
05-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Well pretty much like the title says my 07 electric start 450r ran great one weekend then I took it on a trip a couple weeks later and it ran real ****ty. I got it home now it wont start with the starter button. If we get my dads renegade out and pull it down the driveway it will fire but then if u stall it u better have the tow strap out. I cleaned the carb and replace the battery but still no fire. The other thing is usually when your trying to start it and u touch the throttle it would kill the starter and now it dont do that i can hold it wide open but it just turns over.

Whats next? I even called the atv engine builder by me and they had no suggestions. Is it the starter? Does it need piston and rings? This thing has me stumped and I supposed to be headed to silver lake for the weekend. Any help is greatly apprieciated. Thanks in advance.

pro-rider46
05-12-2008, 07:54 PM
well does the starter turn the engine over or does it not do anything at all.

flowmasterz
05-12-2008, 07:58 PM
yea it sound like it turns it over fine. Replacing that was going to be my next step but i really dont think anything is wrong with the starter.

the Z Man
05-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Check your valve clearances...

flowmasterz
05-12-2008, 08:06 PM
ok ill try that never thought about doin that though. There a good place to get an idea of how to do it? I did it on my 400ex but not sure if its the same.

TRX450RACER174
05-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by the Z Man
Check your valve clearances...

X2 titanium valves need love check your valve lash.

d3ktrix
05-13-2008, 01:01 AM
Agree with above, sounds like valves.
The intakes probably have little or no clearance.