PDA

View Full Version : AMR/Rev Box Owners

Wheelie
05-12-2008, 06:21 PM
How many of you tried to rejet your quad after the CDI install?

I experienced the popping and dying that is commonly associated with a CDI install. However I went up 2 sizes on my pilot jet and cured the problem--quad starts and runs great.

Figured I'd post up my experience. Has anyone else come across this exact situation?

More timing=more fuel...?

05-12-2008, 06:38 PM
advanced timing leans out the mixture. If anyone tries to argue with me its dumb because I talked to a guy that has been around racing most of his life and he owns his sons car racing in NASCAR. He might actually go into the ATV industry making parts and such. He know so much and has ties to get the parts made and they will all be quality stuff. Anyways I talked to him about the curtis sparks advanced timing key a while back and he said oh yeah advancing the ignition of when the sparks occurs leans out the mixture but gives you a good HP gain. He said a major factor in car racing is ignition timing. They set it to the edge of what it can run to get the most HP possible. Going up 2 sizes on the main seems like a lot unless you were running lean prior to installing it

Wheelie
05-12-2008, 08:00 PM
I went up 2 sizes on the pilot, not the main. It wasn't lean to begin with.

badk1dizsik
05-12-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm having this problem right now. I just put the Stage 3 AMR Rev Box on and the Monster Coil and its popping etc... I have a 02 416ex with a T4 PRO Pipe/silencer and I have a aluminum airbox on the way and outerwear for my K&N. So it should take away the popping if I go up 2 sizes on the pilot jet? I'm also wanting to put a new sparkplug and boot on it... what sparkplug do you guys recommend?

drew416ex
05-12-2008, 09:03 PM
I put the coil and cdi on mine at the same time and didnt have to rejet mine at all.

badk1dizsik
05-13-2008, 12:26 PM
What size pilot jet do I need to get if I have the AMR stage 3 CDI rev box, monster coil, K&N, T4 Pro pipe/silencer, aluminum airbox? Also what should my main be and what spark plug do you guys recommend?

drew416ex
05-13-2008, 03:03 PM
dont know about the jets but I run a dpr8z or dpr9z.

1Fun400EX
05-16-2008, 09:22 AM
i have the amr stage 3 on my 400 and im running a 158 main jet with fmf power bomb header fmf powercore 4 pipe k&n filter and power lid it starts and runs great every gear winds out really smooth