PDA

View Full Version : Trans Dapt M.P.F.I spacer?

Hondamaster5505
05-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Hey guy's.

My dad's looking to beef up his GMC Sierra. He also wants a little better gas mileage because his truck is horrible on gas. He averaged 9 city and 10.5 highway:eek:

His truck has the Vortec 7.4 big block. 4:56 gears.

These spacers seem pretty legit, and they say it also improves gas mileage.

Check it out and tell me what you think. Click Electronic Fuel Injection, then click wherever the spacers are. Theres one called the torque curve one and smooth bore or something.
www.tdperformance.com

TRX450RACER174
05-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Good luck my 8.1l averages about the same thats why i dont drive it unless i need to pull my trailer. I think those spacers are a gimik and add no real value to enhance mileage or h.p.

Hondamaster5505
05-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by TRX450RACER174
Good luck my 8.1l averages about the same thats why i dont drive it unless i need to pull my trailer. I think those spacers are a gimik and add no real value to enhance mileage or h.p.

LOL.

The 8.1 is basically just a bigger bore or longer stroke 7.4, right?

The thing is a hog on gas.. We only use it to tow our boat and quads when we go riding. Other than that, it sits in the garage and he uses this pos pontiac bonneville.
Sometimes we drive it on the weekends..

Just to go riding, it takes $80 in gas alone just for the truck.. Riding use to be cheap, but not anymore thanks to these damn gas prices.

But, I don't think a diesels much better. They get better mileage, but gas is almost $1.00 less a gallon than diesel.

TRX450RACER174
05-12-2008, 06:03 PM
Yup you get a little more h.p. and mileage out of a diesel but i will take my $34 dollar oil changes and $120 bucks to fill my 34gal tank anyday over a diesel right now. My truck has 4:10 gears and the Allison 6spd and is on 33s so the gas isnt to bad but your 4:56 probably kill the mileage a little more than mine.

Hondamaster5505
05-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by TRX450RACER174
Yup you get a little more h.p. and mileage out of a diesel but i will take my $34 dollar oil changes and $120 bucks to fill my 34gal tank anyday over a diesel right now. My truck has 4:10 gears and the Allison 6spd and is on 33s so the gas isnt to bad but your 4:56 probably kill the mileage a little more than mine.

I think his is horrible for a couple reason's.

It's set up completely for towing. dually, 5th wheel hitch, tow pkg, trans cooler, 4:56 gears, etc.

We tried getting taller tires, hoping the extra height would lower the gearing a little. The truck with the small tires, would light em up at every light and just smoke the tires. We went up 3in in size, gas mileage is the same, but it wont break the tires loose nearly as easily.

But like you said, he'd rather spend $120 to fill it and get some good quality oil.