PDA

View Full Version : hands and fingers get numb when riding hard (fast)

Ricky g
11-27-2002, 06:38 PM
Does anybody have any suggestions(tricks) for keeping fingers and hands from going numb when riding fast for long periods. I have Renthal bars and a Denton stabalizer already, what else can be done? I heard about filling the bars with Silicone, how does this work, are there better stearing stems that will help.

RG

OCCRA288
11-27-2002, 06:59 PM
Are your gloves too tight? I have to buy larger gloves to keep from going numb and getting armpump

Derek
11-27-2002, 07:26 PM
That only happens to me if its a little colder out.

Ricky g
11-27-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by OCCRA288
Are your gloves too tight? I have to buy larger gloves to keep from going numb and getting armpump

Yeah they are tight, never thought about that, first thing will be to get a better fitting pair of gloves. So what are the best gloves to get?

thnx
RG

I'm going to try my jet ski gloves and see what happens, if it works I'll just use them, jet ski gloves are thinner and fit loosly.

OCCRA288
11-27-2002, 07:49 PM
Personally I like MSR or No Fear. But I'm usine Thor right now and they seem pretty good so far.

Sparks425Ex
11-27-2002, 08:57 PM
Ummmmm. Some Hand Guards would help. That will keep the wind down so your hands won't get cold. And use one of those little squeeze things to make your hands and forearms stronger so that you don;t get arm pump as bad.

cdalejef
11-28-2002, 07:28 AM
There are some really great cold weather glove out there from Moose and MSR. I have used both and they keep my hands warm and dry!

My cousin is a pro XC racer and when he got his 400ex he was having that problem even when it was warm out. He bought a Houser stem with anti-vibe mount and that salved his problem!

Hope this helps

iceman2488x
11-28-2002, 03:16 PM
i have seen ads in dirtwheels and on the net about handwarmers, they hook up to ur battery and they are about like a electric blanket, they are for hunters and stuff, you might want to check into them

GoLikeHell
11-28-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Ricky g
Does anybody have any suggestions(tricks) for keeping fingers and hands from going numb when riding fast for long periods. I have Renthal bars and a Denton stabalizer already, what else can be done? I heard about filling the bars with Silicone, how does this work, are there better stearing stems that will help.

RG

Go get checked for carpal tunnel, you could have a problem. When your hands go numb see if your pinky is also numb. If your pinky doesnt go numb you most likely do have carpal tunnel problems. www.assh.org and read up on carpal tunnel. I Just had surgery on both my hands for that exact problem. One thing to try that used to work for me was taking Iubprofin and asprin before riding to keep swelling in your wrist down.

BTW, if you do have carpal tunnel the surgery is not that bad, just you cant ride for a couple of months.:(

Mark